I would like the help of contributors to find the Jewish origins of my great-grandfather in the Hrček family.

Начал Guilherme França Prieto сегодня
Сегодня в 5:26 после полудня

Good afternoon, dear collaborators, I am looking for the Czechoslovak origins of my paternal great-grandfather Vilhelmus Hrczek. So I'm going to relate some parts of the story that I know about him, so that some volunteer can help me too. I'm not demanding anything, in fact I don't even expect anyone to reply to my message, I'm just acting out of desperation, because I can't move forward with my research anymore.

My great-grandfather Vilhelmus Herczek has the data inserted here in my tree on Geni. I can share the link with you. My great grandfather was born Vilhelmus Franciscus Herczek in Sibiu, Transylvania. After he immigrated to Brazil he changed his last name to Herzog. However, his father of the same name has the writing of the name without the vowel letter e, written: Hrczek. His grandfather has the official surname of the Franz Hrček family.

Although the surname has changed over the generations, the original surname is Hrczek.
Vilhelmus Hrczek, was born in Alba Iulia.

However, his father, whose family claimed to be Czechoslovakian, appears with a birth certificate in some village in Bohemia.

The name of the village where he was born is similar to the village name of Loštice. However, it appears written in German with a different spelling, which leads to confusion, after all, there are some villages with the same name throughout Bohemia and Moravia, where only the first letter is changed, which, when read and interpreted wrongly, can if you take yourself to a location very different from what it is.

Their records are on the ancestry website, but I don't have a login to search and look there, because it's only for subscribers. Besides, I don't speak German, and it's hard for me to read and understand what's written there.

About the name of the city that appears in his birth registration, it is identical to Loštice, but apparently it is spelled Loztice. without the graphic sign on the S and with the letter Z. If we get the initial letter wrong, it may look like other locations.

About the Hrcek family. I found people with that last name on the web who were Lutherans in Moravia, and I also found people with that last name on the holocaust victims list.

There is a story told orally by the family that my great-grandfather corresponded by letter with a Jewish cousin in Germany, and that after the 1940s this cousin no longer replied to his letters, which he came to assume had been killed by the Nazi regime. My great-grandfather died in 1965 in Brazil.

I started to look at this page, and I have been linking the stories and facts, and it has intrigued me, if this inherited surname, was not in fact of Jewish origin. And the fact that my great-grandfather in Hungary declared himself Catholic, even without practicing any Catholic customs, and not evangelical, as other people with the same surname were as I found on the internet. Which leads me to believe that he may have been forced to convert, for some reason, or just had an aversion to evangelicals for some local reason..

If anyone can help me with this investigation, for me who live in another country and speak another language it is very difficult, but why are you in Boehmia or already studying history in depth, I believe it is much easier.

The records are in the ancestry catalogues, which I also no longer have access to. Their profile you can find in my family tree.

If possible, in addition to discovering the origins of my family, I would like to find out exactly which city and town my ancestor Franz Hrczek was born and died in, and how many children and grandchildren he had. Maybe we can include it, here in this project or not.

I apologize if anyone is bothered by my post, but it's the best way I've found to be able to communicate with all the project's collaborators. In the other matters we can talk in the chat, if everyone thinks it's better.

Зарегистрируйтесь или войдите в систему чтобы участвовать в этом обсуждении