Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member

Related Projects:

Showing 1441-1468 of 1468 posts

A question better asked of different curators, sorry.

There is no access difference collaborating with a pro or a basic user, other than a pro user probably have more profiles you get access to and is more active.

Private User - is it currently any more helpful to a Basic member to collaborate than to a Pro to collaborate?

Private User, - Technically no, but as I wrote above a Pro user is usually a more dedicated Geni user willing to pay to keep the site up and running, and usually have more managed profiles which you get access to. There is however basic users who have ten thousands of added profiles since there is no limitation for that. Collaboration, in general, gives you even better access to collaborators public profiles than being a Pro user, but there is no difference wether you are a Pro or Basic user yourself.

Thanks much!

TO: Henrik Brandt, Henrik in response to your recent comment, all I have to say is that TOO MANY COOKS SPOIL THE BROTH! Meaning that when there is a difference to be resolved, You can lead a horse to the water, but you can't make him drink! I have watched for years where some of the researcher are just copying other people's mistakes and they pass the information on to other people, leading them down a WRONG PATH, and if they did the research they might have found the mistake. But going down the wrong path without proof or documentation has hurt a lot of people and wasted YEARS of their time. They had to back track their steps to get the prblem taken care of. Or perhaps never had the mistakes corrected ever! There are atleast 2 instances I recall on this issue. There was never an Elizabeth Flydane/ Flydene that married Richard Osborne Ist b. 1488. But more than a thousand people have documented that she was his wife! OH MY GOD! They are in for a surprise! Peter Osborne b. 1442 married Lady Eme "Essex". Essex is a county in England and NOT her given surname! Her maiden name was Bourchier. Other people can't find proof of this so they assume the name is wrong! The key word is ass/u/me. In the Visitations of the different counties in England they would find the proof there! If they know the other family names that married into the family that is what would be helpful to them. Because the answer is on a chart that merges the Bourchier family into the deVere family! I do have a QUESTION FOR YOU~ I see that You and Lois Lubin have the word PRO by your name. Are both you and Lois professional genealogists?

Kay Osborn

Geni automatically puts PRO after your name if you have payed to access additional features on the site. It has nothing to with being a professional genealogist which I certainly never would claim to be.

About PRO: https://help.geni.com/hc/en-us/articles/229706167-Is-Geni-free-?mob...

Those interested in French-Canadian or Hawaiian ancestry, please send me a collaborator request. Would like help merging and editing without having to wait eons for something to happen.

Thank you.

Nicolaas Albertus Reyneke, ii Can someone please help me? I have been off Geni for personal reasons, Moving Country, etc .. I noticed my Grand father line is GONE....I 've spend so many hours on that family line. Can someone please advise me as to how do I fix this? I am no longer a PRO.
Thank you in advance

Deirdre Loxton

I see Nicolaas Albertus Reyneke, ii is still connected to you as your grandfather - but has no parents.
Looking at his Revision Tab should show you what happened.
If you need help fixing it, post in ATTENTION Curators, please assist: https://www.geni.com/discussions/216411 rather than here.

Count me in
Private User

Private User

Private User

Private User

Elaine Dunlap

Donna Dicocco donnak.dicocco @gmail.com You can contact me anytime my tree and geni matches are large but too much for me to get to but If I can help I will. :-)

Hello. Will this actually work?

"Claypool" and "Claypools in America" by PROFESSOR Evelyn Claypool- Bracken, 6 revised volumes, contain Jeremiah of the South Fork, and the lines of the Osbornes.

Thomas Osborne
1594/5 Ashford Kent, England
Immigrant
Mary Goatley
|
Stephen Osborne 1634
Sarah Stansborough
|
Jeremiah Osborne
Abigail Ogden
|
Jeremiah Osborne
Phoebe Higgens
|
Children:
1. George 1725 m. Annatjnet Hannah Westfall
2. Jeremiah 1729 m. Mary Newman
3. John Osborn 1735 m. Elizabeth Claypool 1739
4. Abigail Osborne m. Joseph Claypool
5. Phoebe Osborne m. Henry

NOTE ABOUT THE DNA: A descendant of George Osborne 1725 married a descendant of the line of John Osborne 1634! That line has all the HYBRID OSBORNES IN IT! The Robinettes cause the delima! A female by the name of Ann Osborne married a Robinette. They had a daughter Mary Polly Robinett. That is from the line of John 1634. When their daughter married----she married a young man from the line of John's brother Stephen 1634. Her husband was George Jackson Osborne. This has caused many an argument about the DNA! You see, prior to them marring John's side is 1 number different than his brother's side of the family! NOW they cause the argument, because the descendants of Mary Polly Robbinete's side of the family CHANGED THE DNA to read as descendants of Stephen Osborne 1634. So RECENTLY some of the researcher are trying to say that Ephraim Osborne 1723 and Caleb 1725 are descendants of Stephen Osborne ONLY BECAUSE OF what Mary Polly Robinette did by marrying into Stephen's line. My argument is: They need to make a time line of when the marriage took place. It is highly improbable that Ephraim 1723 and Caleb 1725 are descendants of Stephen Osborne 1634 BECAUSE the marriage and births of Mary Polly Robinette took place MUCH LATER! Some people can't WRAP THEIR HEADS AROUND THAT! But they don't have critical thinking skills! It is all about the time line, and when that marriage took place!

Hello
Can someone help me - My father's last name is wrong in this context. His real name is: Martin Julius Simble and not "Martin Julius Likna" as it is written here.

Mary of Scotland, Countess of Angus

Thanks in advance.
Sincerely
Maj-Britt Simble

Maj-Britt, Martine Martinsdatter Simble

Maj-Britt, Martine Martinsdatter Simble -- I can't find your father's name written on Mary of Scotland's profile, nor can I find the incorrect spelling on his own profile.

Can you please repost at https://www.geni.com/discussions/257430 and give us an exact link to where the incorrect "Martin Julius Likna" is appearing? Thank you.

@William Boyer

Can someone help me? There is a relationship error in my tree and I am unable to remove it. Zeddie Aderholt is not my biological grandfather, is there anyway to remove him while keeping his wife (Naomi) as my grandmother?

Elizabeth - post your request here: https://www.geni.com/discussions/272643
Preferably with a link to the profiles you mention.

Showing 1441-1468 of 1468 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion