Birth and Death Date?

Started by Faith Schaffner on Saturday, October 2, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
10/2/2010 at 9:40 AM

Did @Margaret Sackville (WAKEHURST) really die at around 126 years of age?

Private User
10/2/2010 at 10:33 AM

Faith Schaffner
I doubt that very much. I am doing a google search and I find many references for Margaret, but none have a death date so far. Her husband, Edward Sackville, died in 1459. If she died the same year, she would have been 76, which was not uncommon in her generation, for a woman of wealth. If I find more info, I'll let you know.

Maria Edmonds-Zediker, Curator

Private User
10/2/2010 at 10:48 AM

Faith,
I think I see how the improper death date was entered for Margaret. There is also an incorrect husband. "The Weald," my source for this area and this time in England, does not list a second husband for Margaret. This husband, Richard Colepepper, also married a Margaret Wakehurst, but of a different generation.

As a curator, I will see what I can do to clean up the profile. I am also putting a link to her pedigree on her profile for reference.

Thank you for alerting us to this issue. We'll get ole Margaret buried in the proper century.

Happy ancestor hunting,
Maria

10/3/2010 at 2:29 PM

:D Thanks so much, Maria! I was thinking that would be incredibly unlikely. How nice of you to bury her in the right century and get her married to the right person. :D

Private User
10/3/2010 at 2:43 PM

Happy to help!

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion