Who was Mabille of England

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Monday, October 4, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 8 posts
10/4/2010 at 10:55 AM

I can find no reference to Mabille, Mabel or Mabel Eustacia as daughter of Henry I. Should this profile be deleted?

Private User
10/4/2010 at 11:40 AM

Terry Jackson (Switzer) I went ahead and finished the remaining merges for what it's worth. It may provide additional information for someone...

10/4/2010 at 12:33 PM

I recommending disconnecting (orphaning) but not deleting.

10/4/2010 at 5:07 PM

I looked in "British Kings & Queens" by Mike Ashley and "The Lives of the Kings & Queens of England" by Antonia Fraser--
both didn't mention a Mabille/Mabel by name, but did say that Henry I had 25 illegitimate children.

Private User
10/4/2010 at 6:56 PM

Henry I had an illegitimate son by the name of Robert Fitzroy of Caen, Earl of Gloucester: he married Mabel (d. 1157), daughter of Robert FitzHamon, Earl of Gloucester.
Does that shed any light on what you are doing?

Private User
10/4/2010 at 7:01 PM

Alternatively, Henry I's 18th illegitimate child, by an unknown mother, was named Eustacia; she married William Gouet III, Lord of Montmirail.

Does that help?

10/6/2010 at 10:38 AM

I have the daughter who married Wm GOet however I had no name confirmed. @William John O'Brien what source are you citing for this name?

I knew about Robert de Caen's wife Mabel already.

I think I've probably got all 25 children and hopefully in their rightful places. If you are interested in this area please take a look. I've yet to add all the 'about me' information or any sources.

Private User
10/6/2010 at 12:47 PM

My source is "Britain's Royal Families, The Complete Gengealogy" by Alison Weir.

All 25 are detailed. I will check against yours when I have a chance.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion