• Private User
    Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni member
Showing all 6 posts
photo owned by Tamara Tucker Swingle
Private User
10/23/2010 at 4:09 PM

I've noticed a lot of activity in my merge issues lately with @Edward Riggs, his wives, and children. Edward was married twice- @Mary Browne and @Mary Munn being the wives. Someone has merged the two Mary's together. They each had children with Edward. I am descended from Mary Brown Rigg's son John, and Mary Munn Rigg's son Joseph. Mary Munn Riggs also had a son John, so it was very difficult and confusing getting the two wives and their children straightened out.
To further complicate things, Joseph, son of Edward Riggs and Mary Munn Riggs, had a daughter @Mary Riggs.. She married @Thomas Cushman.. Someone has added a profile for a Mary Riggs Cutter instead of Mary Riggs as the wife of Thomas Cushman.

I'll admit, all my information is only what I've found on the net. I, too, found Mary Riggs Cutter as the wife of Thomas Cushman, but dismissed it as being incorrect. While I can't prove my way of thinking is the right one, I do believe it to be correct, based on the amount of information I found on the net over a very long period of time.

I don't have the experience or ability to straighten this all out, and would appreciate some help. Thanks!

10/23/2010 at 4:46 PM

Tammy,

Sounds like it could use a Project. Why don't you try opening one? There's a link as a footer at the bottom of the page.

If you get it open, please add me as a "project collaborator." You do that by going to my profile, selecting "more actions," "Project Options," drop down, close the box.

Then please post the URLs of the profiles in question so people can add to the Project for action.

We'll get it done!

More help welcome of course. :)

Private User
10/23/2010 at 4:47 PM

Hi Tammy,
If you want to send me links to the tree and info to fix it, I 'd be happy to help.

Private User
10/23/2010 at 5:41 PM

Can you link me to these profiles? I am descended from a branch of the Riggs (Apparently something of early-1900s socialites) in Delaware.

As of yet, I haven't found much solid information about my Riggs ancestry.

Private User
10/23/2010 at 6:45 PM

i would be happy to help. just hope i was not the one who did it.....yikes!
robert brunner-there is a ton of info on your riggs on the net - geni included

10/24/2010 at 2:00 PM

Wow Tammy, I haven't done anything with the Riggs since we merged our records over a year ago. I don't have any records of my own before Elisha and Caroline Welsh but I would be glad to try to help you work this out. Please let me know what I can do. Fondest regards, Barb

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion