Use of the Translator discussion topic - Finding the right channel for issues

Started by Oddbjørn Olsen on Wednesday, October 27, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
10/27/2010 at 10:33 PM

I have submitted a considerable number of reports on bugs/errors/missing strings to the translate@geni.com mailbox. I have just had a bunch of these returned to me asking me to put them into this discussion forum.

Translators can discuss these things "until the cows come home" but unless relevant Geni staff get involved, things won't get adressed.

Has Geni in any way committed themselves to following these discussions and picking up tasks (& most important), communicating back to the translator community on plans/progress on open issues?

Is the translate@geni.com adress no longer to be used? If it is still active, what category of issues should go into the discussions and what should go to translate@geni.com?

If the translate@geni.com is no longer to be used, I will miss the file attachment capability (as a screen capture of missing translation strings is the most precise and effecient way to communicate missing strings).

A way of handling this, would be to load the screen captures as documents and relate them to this project (Translators) in some way.

Anyone from Geni.com that could give a company response to these questions?

Best regards

Oddbjørn Olsen
Translation Manager, Norwegian (Bokmål)

10/28/2010 at 1:52 AM

Oddbjørn Olsen - I'm also little bit surprised about it.
I think that translate@geni.com will look now this Discussion - they want to see what can be the best solution as until now they probably got >30 reports about the same bug and each giving different ideas/recommendations how to solve it or what shall be changed...

10/29/2010 at 12:45 AM

I'm holding off moving the batch of translate@geni.com communication into this tool until I hear back on how this is supposed to work.

There is not much point in spending quality time on putting issues into multiple communication channels just to be "actively ignored" in the same channels.

Private User
11/17/2010 at 9:40 AM

Oddbjørn, we have a list of all the issues you have submitted and we are working on addressing them. Sometimes there are higher priorities issues in other sections of the site so it takes more time to address the translations issues. But we did not forget a single issue you sent us. So please be patient. Thank you.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion