Nathaniel Brewster

Started by Private on Sunday, October 31, 2010
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private
10/31/2010 at 9:12 AM

This man was not a son of Elder William Brewster. Elder William Brewster and Mary Brewster, Mayflower passengers had these children:
Patience, Love, Wrestling, Fear, and Jonathan.

They did not have Nathaniel, William, Edward, or Mary.
Lucretia Oldham became Lucretia Brewster when she married Jonathan Brewster.
She was not a child of Elder Wm. and Mary Brewster.

Ethel

10/31/2010 at 9:22 AM

Yes, I'm working on disconnecting the extra children as soon as I have more coffee.:)

Private
10/31/2010 at 9:23 AM

Hi Erica

I'm on my second cup, too. No donuts though.

Ethel

10/31/2010 at 9:41 AM

It's going well and the generations are uncollapsing. Just a lot of merging to do.

Just call us "supermergers." :)

The Nathaniel Brewster question is the one Gary Feldman is pursuing too. If you have a chance to look him up, that would be useful.

1/14/2019 at 8:42 AM

Rev. Nathaniel Brewster

I have questions:

Is there any documentation re: when and where Nathaniel arrived with his father -- Francis -- don't get me started on the William mess.

I have seen the blog which states that Francis Brewster obtained a lease to Bristol Castle in 1626, and that he was still there in 1636 or '38. I can't find any confirmation that that Francis is our Francis. It kind of makes sense re: timeline if Francis was bought out, and then sent on his way in 1638, the same year his mom died, and showed up n New Haven in time to be counted in the wealth census of 1638? in New Haven? But he could have come from anywhere. If Nathaniel was to graduate Harvard in 1642, and we know he did, he had to have time to complete the necessary work, and I don't know how long that took. Do we have any documentation re: ENTRY into Harvard. We know that it opened in 1636, but the first class didn't graduate until 1642. All kinds of reasons, I'm sure, but I'm only interested in when Nathaniel showed up.

Thanks.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion