@Forte Family page

Started by Private User on Saturday, January 15, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
Private User
1/15/2011 at 3:20 PM

I like this page,thank you for making it accessible to me.However I am from Barbados,West Indies and would like to know if the Forte trees members have any links to the Caribbean.In this way I will be able to add information that I am following on the Forte Families of Barbados from 1680's till present.Many of the earlier Fortes,both black and whites went to the USA and settled there.I am currently compiling an A-Z Register here in Barbados.Not being very 'technosavie' it is taking a long time to put it on the web.

Private User
1/15/2011 at 7:27 PM

I can't recall if I have any Forte in my family tree, but you could probably start adding in your tree. Icons will start to pop up on potential matches to other trees, which would tie them together.

Private User
1/17/2011 at 7:22 PM

@Jeff Gentes,thank u

1/17/2011 at 8:53 PM

Hello folks I was born in Trinidad, my dad James Desmond Wood-Salomon (deceased) was Trinidadian and my 90 yr old mom Eileen Dorothy Wood-Salomon (Yearwood) was born in Barbados.

I am a Curator and would be quite willing to help you in any way that I can.

Janice I have sent a request to Collaborate.

1/17/2011 at 8:55 PM

http://www.geni.com/discussions/88700

I started this discussion hoping we could get a group to collaborate on some family projects of the Caribbean.

Private User
1/20/2011 at 6:23 PM

Angus,hello.Greatful for any assistance.Thank u.I am really interested in following Forte's ancestry with the view to documenting the findings.Many Forte relatives left Barbados to many parts of the world where they settled or moved on elsewhere.I would like to find out more of their root here and by extension their descendants wherever they are.I have found that back in 1680's Mr.Samuel Forte settled here in Barbados.All the Forte families I've found across the island of Barbados seems to be from this root and it's many branches.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion