Welcome Guillaume et Maurice to this famous Dutch company!

Started by Private User on Wednesday, May 11, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni Pro
Showing all 3 posts
Private User
5/11/2011 at 5:44 AM

I'm very glad I got some members of the crew, for now we can ask the 'bottelier' to buy some good food and drinks while we ask the 'reder' whether we are allowed to look for other pioneers to come aboard. I don't wish to behave like a captain of industry, so my salary will be moderate. It gives me also an excuse not to pay you either for your time or inspiration to gather together all these ancestors who suffered from disease, homesickness and other inconveniences you have to enjoy while traveling the world. I myself studied serology & immunology of malaria long ago in a Dutch laboratory, so I knew what I spoke about. Now my knowledge about that is ancient (but the topic still very actual), but I'm still interested in tropical subjects or discussions about modern kolonialisation, for I graduated Wageningen University in 1979. After that I worked in other biological and communicational circumstances; at my age I prefer now to stay home especially for environmetal reasons; there is enough oil spoiled after drilling it above.... And I'm lucky to be in the circumstance to live in het mooiste huis in my city 's-Hertogenbosch.

Maybe you like to introduce yourself here too? In that way our followers can see who they are going to work with.

groetjenu jMu=jeannetteMuilenreef.

Private User
5/11/2011 at 7:31 AM

Hoi jMu

Glad to have signed up for this mission. If we can start every occassion where our strong back and shoulders are required to help move things forward with good food and drinks, all would ultimately be somewhat easier and maybe even joyful.

For my sins I studied such to maintain the financial records of little organisations such as these and ply my trade now sitting behind little electronic boxes implementing software to do what we used do with good paper and calculator. Now please do not take offence at my comment on our humble beginnings as you already have two most capable craftsmen at your service and are bound to go from strength to strength and possibly eve colonise yet another continent not even yet discovered.

I have the fortune to work from home around the corner from a place where, no doubt some of our common forefathers joined the very company we intend to study here and sailed all over - Amsterdam. Most importantly I feel they travelled south to the shores of the Cape of Good Hope so as to procreate and breed strong workers like ourselves, so that one day we can sit here and try to piece it all together.

Looking forward to do so. For my salary a fair portion of good food and drinks, especially drinks and an occasional slap on the back will be sufficient. One piece of advice is to just keep the drinks away till the work is done. Otherwise we may just fail to progress.

Cheers and hoist the flag high! Vriendelijke Groet!

Mauritz

Private
10/2/2011 at 8:30 AM

Hai all,
I found a book published by http://www.verloren.nl/home
Alexander J.P. Raat 2009: The life of governor Joan Gideon Loten (1710-1789) A personal history of a Dutch virtuoso.

The naturalist governor of Ceylon.
A servant of the Dutch East Indies Company. with beautiful drawings of birds and plants. (also to be found in the Natural History museum of London and the Teylers museum in Haarlam.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion