Bruce Springsteen's origins

Started by George J. Homs on Monday, June 27, 2011

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
6/27/2011 at 9:23 PM

I stumbled upon this 2010 New York Post article: http://www.nypost.com/p/news/local/kin_not_born_in_the_usa_iBYg4Ryk...
Quote from the Boss: 'You can't really know who you are and where you're going unless you know where you came from.'
We should sign him up! :-)
Having said that, it's interesting that they would only mention his Italian ancestry that came through Ellis Island - omitting to mention that his direct lineage and surname is one of the oldest in America!

Private User
6/27/2011 at 9:33 PM

Indeed the Bruce Springsteen tree - Springsteen side - could use a little love. I only see it back to here:

John Springsteen

6/28/2011 at 4:37 AM

Absolutely, Erica! I've seen that the connections for Bruce can lead to Caspar - the oldest one - but there are still some checks and mergers to do. However, I am puzzled that I don't find anything in Dutch archives. Caspar clearly comes from NL, but I don't find any traces there. I think it would be worthwhile to work on it, because the Springsteens are huge in the US (I saw they have a Facebook page where all Springsteens can connect)

Private User
6/28/2011 at 4:45 AM

So raise the challenge to them on Facebook when the Geni tree is more ready?

As to Caspar and Dutch archives, sounds like it could have been a "name change event at immigration." :)

6/28/2011 at 6:01 AM

George, as a start for my own search for migration of de-Moucheron-family I started this project.

http://www.geni.com/projects/Ehen-☙-Huwelijken-☙-Mariages

I attached you, but that was just to show you my initiative that might be helpful for your New Amsterdam-klus.
There I have put also some information I could find for SPRINGSTEEN on www.genlias.nl. Maybe it helps when Dutch people help searching, for the naming is somewhat puzzeling because of synonyms.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion