David Oswald Nelson
|Birthplace:||New York, NY, USA|
|Death:||Died in Los Angeles, CA, USA|
|Place of Burial:||Westwood Village Memorial Park Cemetery, Los Angeles, California|
Son of Ozzie Nelson and Harriet Nelson
|Occupation:||Actor, director, producer|
|Managed by:||Private User|
Historical records matching David Oswald Nelson
About David Oswald Nelson
- David Nelson was born 24 October 1936, New York, New York to Ozzie Nelson and Harriet Hilliard. He attended Hollywood High School.
- David is a film producer in Newport Beach and also directed several episodes of "The Adventures of Ozzie & Harriet" (1952).
- He started his own commercial production company.
- David had two boys by ex-wife, June Blair. Daniel Blair Nelson was born on August 20, 1962 and James Eric Nelson was born June 8, 1966 (both in Burbank, California at St. Joseph's Hospital)
- He married Yvonne O'Connor Huston in 1975, adopting her three children. His stepdaughter Teri Nelson was once married to game show host Chuck Woolery.
- His twin nephews Matthew and Gunnar perform as The Nelsons. Matthew Nelson also performs with Red37 and Gunnar Nelson is a radio host. Nephew Sam Nelson sings in h is orange and Niece Tracy Nelson is an accomplished actress.
- David Oswald Nelson is an American actor, director, producer, and son of bandleader/TV actor Ozzie Nelson and singer Harriet Hilliard.
- Born in New York City, the oldest son of bandleader Ozzie Nelson and songstress Harriet Hilliard Nelson was famous before ever making his professional debut. He and his younger brother Ricky both "appeared" on their parent's radio sitcom The Adventures of Ozzie and Harriet, albeit portrayed by professional child actors.
- During the run of the series, Nelson directed several episodes. After the series’ end, Nelson continued acting, directing and producing. Nelson’s last film appearance was in Cry-Baby (1990). Nelson's most prominent work was the 1981 George Kennedy starrer The Rare Breed