|Nicknames:||"John Beaver", "Beamour"|
|Death:||Died in Granville, NC, USA|
|Managed by:||Bjørn P. Brox|
About John Beamer
QUATSIS The sister of Caulunna and mother of Oconostota and others, Born about 1683, and also called Quatie, and married either John Beamer (sometimes mispelled as Beaver) or the Small Pox Conjuror of Settico (or both).
There are two genealogical records that support Quatsis' marriage (about 1699) to John Beamer, and the presence of the Beamer family among the Cherokees from 1740 through the present supports this.
John Beamer was born about 1676. His relative, James Beamer later traded with the Cherokees of Estatoe (Lower). and raised a family with a Cherokee woman. Jame's son, Thomas Beamer was listed as a halfbreed and also traded with the Cherokee.
While John Beamer was probably the father of Oconostota, Shallelocke Kittegunsta, and Ooloostsa, it is recorded that the Small Pox Conjuror was the father of Kenoteta and the Mankiller of Settico.
- Name: John Beamer\Beaver
- Sex: M
- ALIA: /Beamour/
- Birth: 1681 in England (?)
- Death: 1739 in Granville Co., N.C.
Father: James Beamer
Marriage 1 Eleanor
1. Has Children James Beamer
Marriage 2 Quatsis
* Married: 1699 in Cherokee Country
1. Has No Children Outacite (Skiagusta)
2. Has Children Chief Oconostota b: ABT. 1710 in Either Hiwassee or Settico
3. Has Children Skalilosken (Kitegista , Kittagusta) b: ABT. 1708
Marriage 3 Florence Morton
* Married: 1701 in South Carolina
Marriage 4 Unknown Woman
* Married: 1710
Marriage 5 Judith Stewart
John Beamer's Timeline
Cherokee Nation - East
June 24, 1739
Granville, NC, USA
August 5, 1701
September 18, 1702