About Marija Orešković
- Name: Miss Marija Oreskovic
- Age: 20 years
- Last Residence: in Konjsko Brdo Croatia (Modern)
- Occupation: Farm Labourer
- 3rd Class passenger
- First Embarked: Southampton on Wednesday 10th April 1912
- Ticket No. 315096 , £8 13s 3d
- Destination: Chicago Illinois United States
- Died in the sinking.
- Body Not Recovered
Miss Marija Oreskovic, 20, an unmarried farmhand from Konjsko Brdo, Croatia, Croatia, boarded the Titanic at Southampton as a third class passenger together with her relatives (also farmers) Luka and Jelka Oreskovic. To reach her destination of South Chicago, Illinois, she bought her ticket from the agent: Johann Isidor Büchel, Buchs for 170 Swiss francs (ticket number 315096, £8 13s 3d).
Marija Oreskovic died in the sinking. Her body, if recovered, was never identified.
Marija's mother recieved a grant of £50 from the Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund.
- Günter Bäbler (1998) Reise auf der Titanic. Chronos, Zürich
- Marriages, Births, Deaths and Injuries, White Star Line 1912 (PRO London, BT 100/260)
- Contract Ticket List, White Star Line 1912 (National Archives, New York; NRAN-21-SDNYCIVCAS-55)
- Mansion House Titanic Relief Fund Booklet, March 1913 (P234)
The great neice of Marija Oreskovic
- Günter Bäbler, Germany
- Hermann Söldner, Germany
- Brian Ticehurst, England