About Ridley Pinder
yDNA done on his 3rd great-grandson Jackson Robert Pinder (desc. through Herman) indicates there was a non-paternal event. At some point, a father was listed as a Pinder when the true father was a Barnes. Next step is to test a male descendant of another of Ridley's sons to determine if the non-parental event occurred at/before or after Ridley's generation. yDNA matches with the closest genetic distances are descendents of James Barnes 1681-1726.
- Middle names of children Robert Wood and Herman Hilton were surnames present in the Bahamas. Joseph, middle name of Walter, was also very common.
- Richard Pinder's daughter Caroline J. Pinder born 1872
- Another Richard Pinder m. Hariet Cornish had a son John born 1872.
- John and Rebecca Sawyer Pinder had a daughter in 1871.
- William and Sarah A. (Pinder) Pinder had a son in 1871.
- John Henry Pinder and Matilda Sawyer Pinder's son Malfred born in 1871
- John Pinder and Emma Higg's son Arnold born 1871.
- 3 other Pinder babies born in March 1871.
- Thomas and Elizabeth (Pinder) Pinder had a son William b. March 1869.
Immigrated from The Bahamas to Key West, FL in the second quarter of 1857. Names listed beside his include:
- Priscilla M. Higgs
- Sarah M. Sweeting
- Rebecca Pearce
- Thomas Curry
- Hester H. Roberts
- Charles Saunders
- Madora Sweeting
- 1880 - Pebiona Street
- 1885 - Angella Street in Key West with Mary Anne, the four sons, and a boarder named Cadley Lanier. Still there in 1887, city directory.
- Atlantic Ports Passenger Lists, 1820-1873 and 1893-1959; Name: Ridley Pinder; Age: 19; Estimated Birth Year: abt 1838; Gender: Male; Arrival Date: Febnd Quarter 1857; Port of Arrival: Key West, Florida.
- 1880 United States Federal Census; Name: Ridley Pinder; Age: 41; Birth Year: abt 1839; Birthplace: Bahamas; Home in 1880: Key West, Monroe, Florida; Race: White; Gender: Male; Relation to Head of House: Self (Head); Marital Status: Married; Spouse's Name: Mary Pinder; Father's Birthplace: Bahamas; Mother's Birthplace: Bahamas; Occupation: Painter.
- Florida, State Census, 1885; Name: Ridley Pinder; Residence: Key West, Monroe, Florida; Enumeration District: 1; Birth Place: Bahamas; Age: 45; Race: White; Gender: Male; Marital Status: Married; Relationship to Head of Household: Head; Father's Birth Place: Bahamas; Mother's Birth Place: Bahamas; Page: 62; Roll: M845_9.
Ridley Pinder's Timeline
Spanish Wells, Eleuthera, The Bahamas
June 17, 1875
Key West, Monroe, FL, USA
August 9, 1878
Key West, FL, USA
June 6, 1880
Key West, FL, USA
Key West, Monroe, Florida, United States