This project is for the Pinder family and related families of the Bahamas.
This is a subproject of the Bahamians master project.
This project is for the Pinder family and related families of the Bahamas. To connect, meet and find out more about the Pinder and other related families originating there.
This is a subproject of the Bahamians master project.
Share your family history and tree with other relatives or could be relatives.
The Different Pinders Branches
- Elizabeth Ridley
- Mary Ann Thompson
- Catherine Sawyer
- Matilda NN
- Martha Sawyer c. 1860 Spanish Wells
- James Pinder, Sr. b. circa 1805, lived in San Salvador, Bahamas
- Benjamin Pinder b. circa 1820 m. Patience Sands of Hope Town, Abaco
Notable Modern Pinders
Links and References
- Bahamas DNA Project
- Harllee, William C. (William Curry), Kinfolks: a Genealogical and Biographical Record... (New Orleans: Searcy & Pfaff, 1934). 4 volumes and 2,964 pages. Notes: Published by William Curry Harllee ; assisted by numerous collaborators. ) : ill., geneal. tables, maps, plans, ports. University Microfilms International, 300 N. Zeeb Rd., Ann Arbor, MI 48106. Paged continuously. Folded map laid in. Bibliography: v. 3, p. 2957-2964. Volume 2 contains the Kemp section related to Bahamian families and Curry Section concerning the antecedents and desendants of Benjamin and Mary Curry and the collateral relatives. Includes the Lowe Register. The general index is in volume 4. Microfiche. Ann Arbor, Mich.: University Microfilms International, 1984. Some families include: ADAMS, ALBURY, BETHEL, CURRY, HAWKINS, HIGGS, HUTCHESON, JOHNSON, KEMP, KEY, KNOWLES, LIGHTBOURNE, LOWE, MALONE, PINDER, RUSSELL, ROBERTS, SAUNDERS, SAWYER, SYMINETTE, SWEETING, THOMPSON, and WEATHERFORD.
- Albury, Haziel L. Man-O-War, My Island Home: A History of an Outer Abaco Island Hockessin, Del. : Holly Press, c1977. Notes: 167 pages. Includes index and "One of Man-O-War's family trees". Some families include: ALBURY, ARCHER, BETHEL, CASH, COLLINS, DUFF, ELDEN, FISHER, GOUCHNOUR, KEY, LAURY, LOWE, MALONE, MCDONALD, NEWBOLD, PINDER, RUSSELL, ROBERTS, SANDS, SAUNDERS, SAWYER, SWEETING, THOMPSON, and WEATHERFORD.
- Johnson, Jolton L. and Bowe, Ruth M. L. Christ Church Cathedral Memorial Plaque and Tombstone Inscriptions Public Records Office, Archives Section, Ministry of Education and Culture, 1987? 19 pp. Families include: ALLAN, ALLEN, ANDERSON, ARMBRISTER, ARNOLD, BLATCH, BODE, BRICE, BROWN, BURNSIDE, CALABAR, CALLENDER, CAUFIELD, COFFER, COKE, COLLINS, CONRAN, CULBERT, DILLET, DUNCOMBE, EDWARDS, ELLIOT, ELLIS, FALCONER, FARRINGTON, GARNER, GILLESPIE, GOULD, GRAY, GREENACRE, HAMILTON, HANLEY, HARRIS, HARVEY, HORNBY, HORROCKS, HOWE, IGLEY, JOHNSON, JENNISON, KERR, KNIGHT, KNOWLES, LIGHTBOURNE, LLOYD, MACPHERSON, MARRIOT, MAXWELL, MILLER, MORRISON, MOSS, MUNROE, O'HALLORAN, OLSON, OWEN, PALACIOUS, PARKER, PATTERSON, PATTON, PIGEON, PINDER, RICHARDSON, ROBINS, ROFS, SOUTH, SOTON, SHORLAND, SOLOMON, STANLEY, STEVENSON, STEWARD, SWANN, THOMPSON, VENABLES, WEBSTER, WETHARALL.
- Johnston, Francis Claiborne. The Pinder/Ellett families of Virginia and Georgia and allied families (Pinder, Tebeau, Treutlen, Ellett, Spears, Womack, Sublett, Cheatham, Smith, Trabue) : with some account of the Pinder/Pindar family trail in the Bahama Islands, Bermuda, and Barbados / by F. Claiborne Johnston,(Richmond, Va. (7009 Lakewood Dr., Richmond 23229): F.C. Johnston), c1988. Notes: vii, 164 p., ca. 150 leaves : illus., geneal. charts, facsims. Includes bibliographical references.
- McAleer, J. J. and McAleer, Virginia Whittemore. The Genealogy of Wyannie Malone, American Loyalist and Settler of Hope Town, Abaco, Bahamas 4th ed. (Brookfield, CT: the Berkshire Group, 1997. Notes: The Wyannie Malone Historical Museum family history series. Prepared for the Wyannie Malone Historical Museum, Hope Town, Abaco, Bahamas. Ca. 750 pages. Some families include: ADAMS, ALBURY, ALLEN, BAKER, BETHEL, BULLARD, CASH, CAREY, COLLINS, CURRY, DILLON, DONNELLY, DORSETT, GARDENER, GATES, GRIFFIN, INGRAHAM, JOHNSON, KEY, KNOWLES, LOWE, MALONE, OVERSTREET, PENT, PINDER, RUSSELL, ROBERTS, SANDS, SAUNDERS, SAWYER, SIBLEY, SWEETING, TEDDER, THOMPSON, and WEATHERFORD.
- McAleer, J. J., Key, Alice Slocum, and Lombardi, Oreste. The Genealogy of NATHAN KEY Early Settler of Abaco, Bahamas 1st ed. (Wilmington, NC: Broadfoot Publishing Company, 2000. Notes: 91 pages. Some Families include: ABAD, ADAMS, AKINS, ALBURY, ANASTASIO, ANDERSON, ARCHER, BASS, BENEFIEL, BETHEL, BIRD, BOLES, BOWE, BRADY, BRATCHER, BROCKWAY, BRONSON, BROWN, BULLARD, CAMPBELL, CAREY, CARROLL, CASAS, CASH, CATES, HORNE, HUDSON, HUNGERMAN, HUNT, INCE, JAKELIS, JIMINEZ, JOHNSON, KARDOOS, KENDRICK, KEY, KNOWLES< KOOP, LEWIS, LIGHTBOURN, LONG, LOPEZ, LOW, LOWE, MACARTHUR, MACEO, MALONE, MALYREK, MANESSE, MARTIN, MARTINEZ, MASSEO, MAYHEW, MCBRIDE, MCDONALD, MILLER, MONTEJO, MUNRO, NORWOOD, OLLIFF, PALMERIO, PARKS, PAULSON, PENT PEREZ, PHELPS, PINDER, PINKSTON, PORTER, PORTERFIELD, POSADA, RANSON, RIDLON, ROBERTS, ROIG, ROKER, RONFRAE, ROSE, RUSSELL, SAN JUAN, SANDS, SAUNDERS, SAWYER, SCHNEIDER, SCHUTZ, SHANNON, SHAW, SHULER, SIMMONS, SKELLLY SKELTON, SLOCUM, SMART, SPARKS, STARLING, STERLING, STEVENS, STIRRUP, STRATTON, SWEETING, SWINDELL, TAYLOR, TEDDER, THAYER, THOMPSON, THORNE, TORANO, TSINONIS, ULE, UNDERWOOD, VALDEZ, VERSALOTTE, WEATHERFORD, WEBB, WEDGWICK, WHITE, WILKES, WILLIAMS, WORTHINGTON, ZIMMERMAN.
- Pinder family. Pinder Family Papers, 1830-1855, Description and notes: 14 items. Land grant and other documents, relating to land on Abaco Island in the Bahamas. Gift of Pinder family in memory of Raymond E. Pinder, Sr., 1986. Control No.: DCLV97-A1316. Location: Historical Museum of Southern Florida, 101 West Flagler Street, Miami, FL 33130, Phone (305) 375-1492, Fax(305) 375-1609, E-mail email@example.com, Website URL: www.historical-museum.org.
See generic Naming Conventions page.
Names For consistency, please make sure the name fields of Master Profiles are first name, middle name, last name, maiden name if known, otherwise blank.
To be connected
John Pindar m Elizabeth b. circa 1780