2115 PERSONS IN CAMP
- Camp Details
- Location:Orange River Colony
- Date open:01/03/1901
- Date closed:c.31/5/1902
- Notes:18/5/1902: Telegram, Superintendent to CSRC: Sent 100 refugees to Natal yesterday. Remainder going during the week
Blue names Geni Profiles
Black names Not on Geni Yet
- Ackerman, Hermanus Christoffel (35) Arrived 24/9/1901
- Farm History - Schoongezicht, Heidelberg.
- Johannes Wilhelm Badenhorst (33) 26/06/1901-01/04/1902
- Farm History:Schleswig Holstein / Schleswigholstein,Senekal,District:Bethlehem
- father of Miss Johanna Badenhorst (Johanna Catrina)
- father Miss Henrietta Badenhorst (Henrietta Jacoba)
- father of Master Jacob Badenhorst
- fatherMiss Maria Badenhorst
- father of Jan Badenhorst (Jan Daniel)
- father of Master Johannes Badenhorst
- husband of Maria Badenhorst (32) died on 14/12/1906
- is the unknown relationship of Master Albertus Badenhorst (Albertus Johannes
- Cornelia Alida Ferreira 1896
- Dina Louisa Ferreira 1893
- Johanna Florentina Magdalena Ferreira 1901
- Susara Jacoba Ferreira 1892
- Thomas Emanuel Ferreira 1891
- Dina Louisa Uys 1867 - 1917
- Maria Badenhorst (32) died on 14/12/1906.
- Adriaan Matthys Johannes Rall (19.10 years) Died on 23/11/1901. Cause Enteric fever and enteric pneumonia. Unique ID NO 30319
- Farm history: Mowbray, Harrismith.
How to Participate
If you have an ancestor who was in the ABW Harrismith Concentration Camp:
- Get yourself added as a collaborator
- Navigate to your ancestor's profile
- Under the "More Actions" link choose "Add to Project"
- Select the ABO ===Harrismith ===" project
How to add a link is explained in the attached document - Adding links to Geni profiles to projects.
- Include in the "About Me" section of each person a brief biographical sketch of their lives. Also include their Settler party and ship name and arrival date if known
- Include a photograph/painting of your ancestor if one exists.
- Your ancestor's profiles should be marked as "public" and not "private".
- All included profiles should include full identifying information including birth and death dates as well as birth and death locations. It would also be very helpful if the immediate family of your pioneer ancestor, (their parents, siblings and children) profiles were public profiles also.
- Do not make public any profiles of living people.
NOTE: All POW included on this project will have their profiles editable by other geni.com collaborators of this project. The object of reproducing the list here is to see if these people can be located on Geni and perhaps develop trees from them. To take part in any project - you do need to first be a collaborator - so join the project. See the discussion Project Help: How to add Text to a Project - Starter Kit to get you going!