This Project is for the Descendants of Edmund Littlefield of Wells, Maine. We will document their Geni profiles, merge together duplicates, and clarify any ambiguities.
- For more information about Geni Projects, see the Geni Wiki Projects Page.
- If you would like to contribute to this page, please feel free to edit the page. Click here for instructions about using Wiki markup language.
- For more about resourcing and a listing of general genealogical resources, see Resources
- The Littlefield Family Research Page
- Helene's Genes
Best Practices for Geni Data Entry
- Geni is a powerful application that is several things at once, but at core, it is a database with a visual and dynamically shifting on line diagram: the tree.
- See Naming Conventions for notes on historical periods that may be within scope but not covered below.
Naming Conventions for Colonial America
Make sure the name fields of the Master Profiles include first name, middle name, last name, maiden name if known, otherwise blank, suffix for Sr., Jr., etc. In the display name field only add titles such as Gov. or Dr. preceding.
FN Reuben MN (blank) LN Coffin MN (blank) Display name is Captain Reuben Coffin
The United States did not exist until 1789 and the United Kingdom was formed in 1707. Please be careful about using autocomplete. It is better to use the "place" field and type out the place name. Use place names such as England and South Carolina and spell out the country name with historical accuracy.
Colonial America: Charleston, South Carolina
The Geni Master Profile
It makes it easier to read a profile if the "about me" information is filled out in this fashion:
- (vitals, summary)
- example profile: Stephen Hopkins, "Mayflower" Passenger
The media tab of the MP should be used for documentation files. Websites, biographies, census reports, image files -- the richer we make the profile, the more historically and genealogically accurate and meaningful it will be.
- Use Projects to upload and store Documents.
- "Tag" Profiles to distribute and attach Documents to multiple profiles.
-- Adding a source validates the MP, and creates a "timeline" for each life represented by a profile. The more information we add, the more detailed and accurate.
-- Original source data includes: birth certificates, census reports, immigration records, ship rosters, obituaries, marriage licenses ....
- For more about sources, please see Sources
- Citation data (MLA format is good) should be noted for each source. If someone else can't replicate research, it's not acceptable.
- Instant citation makers on line:
Please insert in alphabetical order by last name of author, and provide URL link if available online
- Our Royal, Titled, Noble, and Commoner Ancestors & Cousins Littlefield
- Wikipedia Littlefield (surname)
- Steve Condarcure's New England Genealogy Index Search Littlefield