Was Lucie daughter of Robert de Brus

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Monday, September 19, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/19/2011 at 8:32 AM

According to Medlands the wife of Guillaume II du Hommet was Lucy parentage unknown
According to the overview here on Robert de Brus's Profile Lucy was NOT one of his known children and yet she is still associated with it as his daughter.
I would like to ensure accuracy here. Is there any evidence that she was or could have been his daughter?

If none turns up I will detach her as his daughter with a note that the connection had been made but was broken due to lack of evidence.

Terry Jackson (Curator)

9/19/2011 at 3:54 PM

As far as I can tell, Rob II Brus had five children with his wife, none of whom were named Lucie. If he had a daughter named Lucie, she's been kept very well hidden.

11/22/2012 at 9:10 AM

I have picked up Luce (Lucy) deBruce born 112 died 1190, on several ancestry trees, she come up as the daughter of Robert deBruce 1sr Lord Annandale. I have found her as Guillaume II Baron Du Hommet's wife.
I believe the surname Unett was derived from Du Homet.

11/23/2012 at 3:31 AM

Penelope, Ancestry trees are not neccessarily accurate. Have you found Lucie anywhere else?

11/23/2012 at 1:24 PM

I think i did, but i will have to go back through my paper work ti try and find it, i hope i haven't destroyed it. I was probably looking at the Du Hommett line on the google

11/23/2012 at 2:40 PM

Haven't sorted my paper work yet but have had a quick look on google, there are several sites listing Luce DeBrus or DeBrix and Guillaume (William) du Hommet. this one is interesting:- Family Group Sheet for Guillaume II DuHommet Luce De Brus of Luthumiere (F44538)

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion