How to remove a name from the family tree?

Started by Diane R. McClara on Thursday, October 13, 2011
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 6 posts
10/13/2011 at 6:43 PM

does any one know how to remove a name from the family tree??? a family member does not wish to be on it and has written some very nasty messages and I need to remove them can any one help with how to get them removed? I can not figure it out? Please Help?

Private User
10/13/2011 at 9:11 PM

Diane -

if you are asking how to remove an unclaimed Profile - go to Tree View - if you see a little "x" in the upper right of the box - then clicking on that will delete the profile. Please use caution and discretion when doing this.

If Deleting the unclaimed Profile would cause a spouse or child (or etc) to be disconnected from the Tree, then you will not see the little 'x' - you cannot delete that Profile unless or until you delete those others depending on it - be doubly and triply careful about deleting all of them.

If the Profile is a claimed one - it cannot be deleted until that person closes his account/ it becomes an unclaimed Profile.

A person can close their Account from Account Settings.

If the person has a Claimed Profile and the Problem is he is posting Nasty messages on your Profile and/or sending you Nasty geni-messages, and you need to stop that behavior - you can Block them and/or Report them.

10/14/2011 at 8:28 AM

there is no "X" by the picture? well its a blank picture now , but all the nasty stuff that had written about not wanting to be apart of the family and please delete them from the site is still listed under it. They talked very nasty about the whole family including myself & my children and other family members and I would like to get this all removed off from this page some how and I really need help. I have tried everything possible.... She was my sister, and wants no part of us. But has trashed us all, and it hurts to have to have every one read all of this. Please please help get it removed. thanks Diane

Private User
10/14/2011 at 10:57 AM

Diane -

It sounds like you are looking at the Profile. To delete - or even see if that is possible - you must be looking at the tree.

You may click "Tree" at top, same row as "Home" and "Research" etc. - this will give Tree centered on you. Or - from anyone's Profile - upper third on Right hand side (opposite side from photo) - click on words :View Tree" - then in Tree View,look on Right side of the rectangle for the 'x' (Photo is on left, then name - in little rectangles; "x" if it is there is on the right side - other side from Photo).

Also - think only see if looking at "Standard View" - so, if do not see any 'x's on any of the little boxes - go to bottom in Tree View, click on "Preferences" -- and under Display, cick on "Standard View"

10/14/2011 at 12:30 PM

Hi Diane,

I work for Geni. If you're unable to remove the offending content yourself, feel free to send me an Inbox message ("Send Message" from my profile) with a link to the page(s) and I can clear it out for you.

Mike at Geni

10/15/2011 at 6:14 AM

("Send message from my profile ") please remove this) " ) not related delete this please, not related and dont want to ever be contacted again

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion