Jacques Pienaar SV/PROG - French Archives

Started by Maria Magdalena (Marietjie) Pienaar du Plessis on Sunday, May 20, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 19 posts

Gender: Male Birth: June 18, 1666 at, Villoin, Baptism: 29 June 1666 to 44, Blain ER, loire Godfather (paternal uncle) Pineau, Henry Godmother Jolan, Suzanne

http://huguenots-france.org/france/loire/nantes/pag2.htm#44

Private User
5/20/2012 at 1:58 PM

Was the name Pineau originally, I always thought it was Pinard...These name changes!!...Thanks for this information.

5/21/2012 at 2:03 AM

Thanks Marietjie. Private Private User Daniel Jacobus Botes, g2h3 Private User this is interesting new info from a French site - before we change / update the profile, do you guys want to consult with each other or any of the other managers as to how you want to do that?

Private User
5/21/2012 at 2:23 AM

Pineau would seem the way to go...........

Private User
5/21/2012 at 3:01 AM

If there is documentary evidence for information then I am all for adding it and the source to a profile - it has to be backed up by a reliable source! Not much help I am afraid, but in the absence of a substantiated source then it is worth adding the information with a reference in the about section.

As far as I can make out this information comes from Genealogies of the Protestants of Nantes of the seventeenth century - I have very little understanding of French -

Google translate says "According to surveys conducted by the Marquis de Granges Surgères unfortunately limited to notable families (see bibliography). We are looking for volunteers to supplement and complete the surveys."

- referring to

GRANGES de SURGÈRES, (Marquis de).- Registres des protestants de Nantes, Blain, le Ponthus, Sucé et Vieillevigne : actes de l'état-civil reproduits ou analysés par le Marquis de Granges de Surgères.- Nantes : l'auteur, 1897.- 72 p. (BML 441115)

The question is do we consider this to be a reliable/acceptable source? If we do then we should use it!

I would think that the spelling Pineau should at least be added to the aka and a note made in the About field referring to this source.

We probably need to use the name as spelt in South Africa with reference to this alternative spelling

5/21/2012 at 5:03 AM

The best Pineau I know is the KWV wine Pineau de Laborie!
I might ask my son in law to change is surname as well!!

5/21/2012 at 5:20 AM

Agreed June; AND Daan :-)

Private
4/21/2013 at 11:32 PM

I think this Pineau family is not connected to our Jacques Pinard at all.

According to Coertzen our Jacques was a member of the Reformed church at La Fontaine-sous-Prémont having been born in Dreux, a commune in the Eure-et-Loir department in northern France.

I haven't been able to find his baptism entry here http://huguenots-france.org/france/centre/fontaine/fontaine.htm, but there are other Pinard/Pinart's baptized

His name is written Pinard in the passenger list for the 'Voorschooten' given in Botha, where his age is given as 23 at the end of 1687- which would mean birth date 1664.

He is Pinart in the Delft Ondertrouwboek entry (See http://www.ballfamilyrecords.co.uk/dutoit/I316.html) and he signs his name 'Jacque Pinard' (See http://www.e-family.co.za/ffy/e1361.htm)

4/22/2013 at 1:45 AM

Hmm - will look more closely when I get a chance, Jansi. What about the matching parents? - did we only add those as a result of finding the French site?
I'll go and take a look.

4/22/2013 at 1:51 AM

Private User added the parents before we found the site - but didn't give us her sources. Caroiline, can you recall what your sources were - if they were independent of this site, they might stand as corroborating evidence for the Pineau connection.
If not, then Jansi may be quite correct.

Private
4/23/2013 at 1:01 AM

OK mense. Have we not decided as from the SA Prog it will be as best known, used, explored in South Africa with also known as Pinard,Pinea,Lekker ou Kaapse wyn "Pinard" ?
Then there is also another thing I notice yesterday but haven't corrected as yet.
Don will tell you what wonderful research At Coetzee, his and Jan's cousin did on there Meyer Prog. Johan Georg Meyer. He is NOT German, but I think I noticed he is in that project. Our Meyer came from Beblenheim in France. Both my son, Marais as well as Jan's sister, Marietjie's daughter had the priviledge of visiting the original Farm in Bebelenheim where the same Meyer family are are still residing. Any problem with me changes that please.

Love to all. Daan ek lus nou daai wyn jong.

4/23/2013 at 9:04 AM

Private, we'd left that conversation to all think a bit about how it would play out in practice. I went back to try it on the French Huguenot Project that tracks all the Progenitors whose surnames lasted into modern days. The discussion was definitely leaning towards conforming to the world tree's naming convention of using the actual spelling of the person's name, and putting the modern version in the Display Name field.

But this discussion here is not about that at all. It's about whether or not Pinard was this Pineau at all. Do you have information on that?

Private
4/23/2013 at 10:09 AM

I have found this site where 3 Pinart/Pinard's abjured the Calvinistic faith on 15 Nov 1785 @ Dreux. http://huguenots-france.org/france/centre/dreux/abjurations_dreux3.htm

One is M Pinard, one Jean Pinart and one Jacques Pinard. I think the third might be our man.

He was living in St Aechten at the time of his ondertrouw in Delft to Esther Fouche in 1687. He must have fled there after the abjuration and would have joined the Protestant community with a letter of attestation from La Fontaine-sous-Prémont.

I'll find it yet!

4/23/2013 at 1:24 PM

Go girl! I see Private User has answered on the other discussion. Let's see if an alert can bring her here too. :-)

Private User
6/5/2013 at 1:21 PM

Apologies for my long silence on this matter. The lightning struck my telephone line on the 7th March and I've only just got full restoration of all my digital equipment, lines etc etc!!!!

I am searching through all my scraps of paper etc for the sources. Will hopefully be able to post something tomorrow ....

Private User
6/11/2013 at 5:45 AM

Regret cannot trace any identifiable source to my earlier claim. I apologise for this but can assure you I must have found it from someone else's tree!!

6/11/2013 at 9:15 AM

:-( Oh well :-)

2/2/2020 at 12:42 AM

I'm going to disconnect and RL the SV, pending primary sources to prove this link.

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion