Started by Private User on Friday, June 22, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 15 posts
Private User
6/22/2012 at 7:58 AM

Can anyone help me merge my profile with another profile? Unknown Profile Private User << this is mine.. Thank you

Private User
6/22/2012 at 8:51 AM

Suggest - geni-message the manager of that other version of your Profile -(Click on "Contact Profile Manager"), asking him to send you an invite on "his" version of your profile - and give him the e-mail you use in your version of the profile to use for the invite.

If this is done, you should be able to accept it, and accept the merge suggestion Geni will then make to you. (This merge -- acceptance of merge suggestion of their own profile(s) -- Geni continued to allow Basic Users to do, even after no longer allowing them to do merges.)

Private User
6/22/2012 at 8:55 AM

Thats the problem, I was sent a merge request but I am not a Pro Geni user and am unable to accept the request. Is there any other way around it?

Private User
6/26/2012 at 6:43 PM

Did GENI send you the merge request because your e-mail is the e-mail in both the profiles OR did you get the request because someone else said the profiles were the same?

6/26/2012 at 10:46 PM

A search for Melanie Porcaro only turns up one profile (ie. yours), which suggests the merge has been successfully completed.

Private User
6/26/2012 at 10:49 PM

I need a link to the other profile to be able to give you an answer on what is needed.

6/27/2012 at 12:46 AM

Anne de Mortimer, Countess of Cambridge
to be merged with:
Unknown Profile

6/27/2012 at 12:54 AM

My cousin Mary just got started and she has alot of genealogy info to add from her family, this will help her to not put in doubles (waist of time and effort doing things twice) She is a newbie here. This would be a big help, I don't ask for much but she is one of several branches right now that we are merging our lines together as there are many intertwined family connections over time.

6/27/2012 at 1:25 AM

Glad you're helping out Corey. Let's get her connected to the "world tree" so she can take advantage of whats already here and save her "free" profiles for new information. I will send her a collaboration request she should accept as well as the submitted merge request.

Private User
6/27/2012 at 7:13 AM

My profile was merged, but when it was it now shows my father on my profile 2x...when I click my tree my whole mothers side and what I had for my father is gone.I merged with someone who had my fathers family on their tree. But not what I had. So now my question is how do I disconnect/unmerge from the previous person to get back all the work I did??

Private User
6/27/2012 at 7:15 AM

Private this is my father
Unknown Profile this was the merged one... any help would be greatly appreciated :)

6/27/2012 at 5:14 PM

Melanie,
Your father may have appeared twice due to a merge issue, it seems to have been cleared up now as you only show one father when i check.
"Daughter of Ross Allison and Judith Allison
Wife of Michael Porcaro
Sister of Michele; Richard Allison; Jennifer Anselmo and Melissa Allison"

I chased Judith Allison'stree a few generations and rapidly found myself in 19th century Canada :(
Is Judith actually your mother?

Private User
6/28/2012 at 6:26 AM

Alex Moes Sorry I forgot to post that all you wonderful people helped fix the merge mess I had. Thank you all. And yes Judith Richardson is my mother. Daughter of Bedford Richardson and Virginia Richardson Widow of Ross Allison Mother of Melanie Porcaro; Michele; Richard Allison; Jennifer Anselmo and Melissa Allison
Sister of Cheri. Her family I was unable to track.

6/28/2012 at 5:26 PM

No problem Melanie, glad to help.
Good luck and keep trying, you never know when a missing family member will pop out of the woodwork with a clue.

Private User
6/28/2012 at 9:28 PM

If it is the same Judith (Richardson) Allison you found plz pass along any info you think might help me..lol I can use alot of help lately. Again thanks for all you have done for me :)

Showing all 15 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion