Started by Private User on Monday, August 6, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 13 posts
Private User
8/6/2012 at 12:05 PM

I would like to get these profiles MP'ed. Could a curator have a look at them?

Horace Elgin Dodge, Sr.
Delphine Ione Godde
James H.R. Cromwell
Christine Cromwell

I've also written a wikipedia article on Christine Cromwell that is awaiting review.

There are also other potential MP candidates in that part of the tree as well. For example
US mint president under Pres. Wilson, Raymond Thomas Baker and Horace Elgin Dodge's brother John Francis, with whom he co-founded the Dodge Motor Corporation.

I think maybe the last two profiles need some more work before being MP'ed.

Horace Elgin Dodge Jr. was also very active on the social scene and married 5 times, divorce 4 and were going to divorce his fifth wife as well but he died before it was finalized. I think both his profile and 3 of his wives are MP-worthy.

The marriage-divorce game of that time amongst the rich and famous was ridiculous. But fun for us genealogists.

If these profiles do not fit the bill of MP, I apologize on beforehand.

8/6/2012 at 12:24 PM

I have MPed the four you provided links for. I look forward to reading about Christine Cromwell when you finish her About Me.

I grew up not far from Mill Valley where James Henry Roberts Cromwell lived his remaining years.

Erica Howton or many other curators are available once you think the other profiles you mentioned are ready to be MPed.

Thanks for the great looking and well-researched profiles.

Private User
8/6/2012 at 12:33 PM

Thanks!

I added the text I've submitted for review to wikipedia to Christine's profile

8/6/2012 at 1:59 PM

What a delicious tree! I added a little document to ChristIne Cromwell and resolved data conflicts based on it, although I understand there's "dubiosity" about her date of birth. If she did in fact die at age 103 she should be added to the http://www.geni.com/projects/Centenarian-Notables/9504 project.

8/6/2012 at 2:13 PM

I figured that you would want them for some of your creative themed projects Erica!

Private User
8/6/2012 at 10:07 PM

Erica: You meant Anna Dodge about the 103 age I presume.

BTW: The boy, Elgin Peter she had with Raymond Asserson Jr. is my fifth cousin. The men in that family all were high ranking military(Navy) men. Raymond Asserson Jr. was a night club singer. I guess there might have been some issues regarding that :-)

Elgin Peter's grandfather was a commander, his great-grandfather a Major and his great great-grandfather was a rear admiral (the norwegian born Peter C. Asserson from Egersund, Norway, my home town). All these profiles are in the tree if anyone should be interested.

Also: There is a lot more to be researched in this part of the tree as they were all part of the social scene in the golden age of social life in the US. Models, politicians, high ranking military men, brokers, industry tycoons, playboys and socialites (the Paris Hiltons of that era). Very fun to research!

8/6/2012 at 10:35 PM

Check I added the obituary abstract to the correct profile. :). Hey there's a marriage to Doris Duke in there? How "Vanity Fair" this crowd was.

Private User
8/7/2012 at 3:20 AM

I am continuing to fill out the tree in this area. Now actor Hugh Dillman, second husband of Anna Dodge, they were married 1926-1947.

He taught her how to enjoy spending money it is said. And money they spent....

Hugh was, of course, married several times, as was his other spouses. One was actress Marjorie Rambeau (who was married to Willard Mack). The list of "famous" people just goes on and on.

The most fun aspect of it is that many of them are tied directly into the big tree and descend from the first immigrants to US and Canada.

Private User
8/7/2012 at 4:27 AM

What does "MP" mean? James Cromwell in particular can cause some confusion.

Private User
8/7/2012 at 5:00 AM

http://help.geni.com/entries/20385782-what-is-a-master-profile

"A Master Profile is the standard, most comprehensive and accurate profile for a given person. Other profiles for the same person are secondary and should eventually be merged into the Master Profile"

Private User
8/8/2012 at 3:28 AM

Roger - thank you.

Private User
12/18/2021 at 2:17 AM

Hello, I am a blood relative of Anna Ray Baker, only child of my great-uncle Raymond Baker by Delphine Dodge. I am also related by blood to all descendants of Mimi Taylor/Alexander/Topping, Ray's first daughter by his first wife Margaret Emerson Vanderbilt. I have kept accurate records of my Baker family and am happy to assist anyone with information should they desire it to compete their own family genealogy.

12/18/2021 at 4:11 PM

Thank you, Wendy, that’s a generous offer. And add what you can to the Geni tree!

Showing all 13 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion