grizel stewart - Grizel Stewart

Started by MARY FORSYTH on Thursday, August 9, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 11 posts
8/9/2012 at 4:19 AM

Does anyone have any details about Grizel. ( the half sister to Grizel who became Grizel Innes). I have found a connection to my line, but would like to know if I have the right Grizel.

8/10/2012 at 6:38 AM

Grizel Stewart (the half sister of grizel Innes) married david Broadfoot her son Andrew Broadfoot, her father was the 2nd earl of moray & Elizabeth Stewart, after she died he married another Elizabeth Stewart 2nd countess of moray,her half sister was Mary grant & James stuart 3rd Earl of Moray.

my name is Avril Yard get in touch if you need anything else.

8/10/2012 at 2:42 PM

Hi Mary, I think you have the right family, I have a Janet Broadfoot married to a William James Dodds, the name Fergus seam to have gotten mixed up somewhere down the line, I also have their children and on eof them is a Fegus but I dont have a wife for him. Anyway Janet was born in Gladsmuir East Lothian & William was born in haddington east lothian, but most of her children were born in Stoneykirk, My grt grandma was the Janet Dodds who married Peter Tansey she came from what I believe was Sandhead. I'm certain you have the right family maybe I have things wrong, you need to look at my tree on Ancestry.co.uk under Pratt. where are you from, who are you connected too in this tree. Avril

8/10/2012 at 3:17 PM

I think I had the wrong name for Janet broadfoot & william my cousin has Fergus so it must be right and the dates are right you have. where Andrew & Mary conning got married I do not know. you could also look on genesReunited at my tree there under avril Pratt mcfarlane

8/11/2012 at 3:09 AM

Thanks for that Avril. I will look on genesreunited.

8/11/2012 at 3:26 AM

I have certificate of Fergus married to Elizabeth Bruce in1869 in Sandhead. I live in Dumfries & Galloway, not far from Dumfries. My connection is through Fergus & Elizabeth's daughter Janet Dodds who had a son Donald. Donald married Agnes McMillan in 1916 in Whithorn. Agnes's grandmother was Elizabeth Barr, who married Peter McMillan. The Barr family were my grandmothers line.

8/13/2012 at 4:27 AM

Dumfries is lovely, I live in a very small [place called Crichton nr. Pathhead.
Now some how I think you could have the wrong Janet, dont know how I got Fegus's name as William James Doods, that doesnt matter, Fergus 1841-1882 & Eliza.1846-1891. did have a daughter Janet 1875-1950 my grt grandma I was 5 when she died, she married a Peter Tansey in 10-04-1899 BUT. she did not have a son called Donald, her family was James, John, Peter, Elizabeth & Catherine my grandma. Avril

8/14/2012 at 2:47 AM

Who are "your" Fergus's parents & grandparents Avril. It's strange how we both have more or less the same names, and also Sandhead & Stoneykirk are there as well. That's genealogy for you. Can be very tricky at times.

8/15/2012 at 2:34 AM

Yes it can get confusing, here are the names Fergus Dodds & Elizabeth his parents were James Dodds & Janet Broadfoot,then
Thomas Dodds & Mary Lamb, then
James Dodds & Jean McCrawglane
thats as far as I go back with the Dodds, hope this helps
Avril

8/16/2012 at 1:16 AM

Looks like I'm on the wrong track Avril. Thanks for your help. Mary

8/17/2012 at 4:39 AM

sorry i couldnt help hope you find your link as there lots of Dodds take care

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion