Catherine Parr, Queen consort of England and Ireland - Correct Info

Started by Meg on Friday, September 14, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 4 posts
9/14/2012 at 8:33 PM

Although THE PEERAGE is listed as a source the info is still not correct on this page. Katherine was not born at Kendal Castle. Katherine Parr married Sir Edward Borough, son of the 1st Baron Burgh of Gainsborough in 1529; she had NO step-children by her first marriage. He died in 1533. The image used for Sir Edward is actually that of KING Edward IV! She married secondly Lord Latimer and by him had two step-children, Margaret and John. His picture is also incorrect. There is no official date as to when Katherine married Thomas Seymour. Their daughter, Lady Mary, was born on the 30th of August and did not die on the same day that Katherine died. She lived until she was at least two years old.

For a legit source please see Susan James or Linda Porter's biographies on Queen Katherine.

11/7/2012 at 12:13 PM

hello meg. you are right regarding her birth , born in london i think, but her family had kendal castle, according to wikipedia, search for her name and you can read it there.

11/7/2012 at 12:18 PM

kendal castle was in a bad state and she was because of that born in black friars , london instead, they thought first that she was born at kendal castle, but it was not so . but I can not change anything, even if my name is there, weirdly enough. åsa

11/7/2012 at 4:57 PM

Åsa Teresia Elisabet Alderlöf

The profile is locked. Send a Geni Mail to the curator requesting the update (with source citation). The curator will do it or unlock for you / re lock after. If there's a delay due to unavailability, post back here and any curator can do the update.

Really appreciate good historical citation data most of all! And any one can upload documents to the profile I believe.

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion