Started by Private on Sunday, October 14, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
Private
10/14/2012 at 4:03 PM

I am trying to find out if the William Howard who came to America in the Great Migration was the son of Sir Robert of Syon born in 1537. Also what the name of Williams children were. Thank you.

10/14/2012 at 6:02 PM

Leona is this the William Howard you're asking about?

William Howard
Birth 1598 in Hertford, Hertfordshire, England
Death 1661? in Wethersfield, Hartford, Connecticut, United States

Married

Sarah Gardiner/Gardner
Birth 1600 in Hertford, Hertfordshire, England

Son of
Sir Robert Howard (1537 – 1598)
Philippa Buxton (1539 – 1603)

If so, can you please add the "location" information to the profile?

May thanks,

Private
10/15/2012 at 5:18 AM

I'll try. Am interpreting that to mean , the discussion. Thanks so much for your personal help.

10/15/2012 at 9:02 AM

Sorry to confuse!

Please do this:

William Howard profile, Edit Profile. This opens up a "basics" screen. Fill in the details you know - place of birth, place of death especially important.

Leona this is necessary to identify the "William Howard" you are trying to track down. There was more than one!!!!!

Private
10/15/2012 at 9:09 AM

I am trying to find out if the parentage of William Howard (1598-1661 (?) ) born in Herford, Herfordshire, England. Does anyone know if his parents are Sir Robert of Syon born in 1537 and married to Phillipa Buxton who was born in 1539 and died in 1603. Does anyone know isf this is the William Hoard who came over in the Great Migration and settled in what is now Connecticut? Thank you,

10/15/2012 at 9:24 AM

Leona now that we know of the birth date and place of this William Howard, I can answer you better.

Robert Howard of Syon House & Phillipa Buxton had 13 children. I have not seen a verified list, but for them to have had a son named William? sure, why not.

But not THIS William.

The reason is location. If you look in the overview for Sir Robert Howard, Kt. you will see this comment:

"He resided at Brockdish Manor until the fall of 1585. He resided at Brockdish Manor until the fall of 1585. He then moved to Pelham Manor, Kenninghall, Norfolk County, located approximately 30 miles southwest of Norwich, Norfolk County."

However your William was born in Hertford, over 80 miles away.

This seems quite unlikely.

10/15/2012 at 10:40 AM

Leona the 2nd unlikelihood is easily seen by looking at the "timeline" tab on the Robert of Syon House profile. A 1598 birth date would mean Robert - or more importantly, his wife - had him at age 60.

Private
10/19/2012 at 1:51 PM

I think you are most likely right. Thank you.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion