loading marriage data

Started by V on Friday, October 19, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 11 posts
V
10/19/2012 at 7:53 AM

Has anyone ever experienced, or reported, that when (at least this happens to me) the following happens:

I select edit on a profile, then choose relationships then I wait for the relationship path to calculate.
then I can enter the marriage date.

Then select location, and enter that data.

Then, even though the above steps are followed, I have to go back through the edit, relationship to check to see if marriage date took.
Most of the time, I have to re-enter a second time, because it disappears.

Then, I go back through above process, a third time to ensure it all stays.

The third time through is always an assurance that the data captured, however it seems this data should capture on the first attempt of entry.

And, I appologize, because I have never mentioned this till now.

This has happened to me since my first day of membership.

10/19/2012 at 12:06 PM

Thanks for the report, I'll see if we can reproduce / fix

10/19/2012 at 2:06 PM

I'm just not able to reproduce this. The next time it happens, before entering a second time would you mind posting here with a link to the profile you edited? I'll be able to go through our logs to see whether the data ever came in from the edit card.

Private User
10/19/2012 at 2:28 PM

Wild guess: When CLE mention "go back" he use the browser's go back option and not Geni navigation links.

Secondly there is no words abut using the [Save & Close] or [Save & Continue] links before navigating further on.

V
10/20/2012 at 5:22 AM

Bjorn, I do use the Geni save & close.
I wondered if I am entering data before the relationship path calculates completely.

Only thing I could think of, since you could not duplicate problem, Mike.
I will slow down and see if that is what is the matter.

Private User
10/20/2012 at 5:36 AM

After entering location data, click on location details to see what the Google Map API Geni have found out of details. If not satisfied, just fill in manually whatever you want.
Google have recently made some changes in their API and there have been some trouble.

Private User
10/20/2012 at 5:40 AM

If you hold your cursor over the (?) under a location field you get a better explanation.

V
10/20/2012 at 5:40 AM

Bjorn,
Thats a good point.
You know, I have rarely used the API.
I normally manually fill in the data.

V
10/21/2012 at 8:51 AM

It seems that the error, was that I, oh impatient one, did not wait for a complete relationship data load, before entering my information.

Nothing wrong with Geni software.

Thanks Mike, for looking into the matter.

10/22/2012 at 8:43 AM

Sure... I'm not sure that relationship load should affect the saving of date and/or location data (is it location only, that gets lost?), unless maybe it's just tying up the JavaScript engine. We'll look into it.

10/22/2012 at 4:37 PM

I tried to reproduce this and even when the browser is still waiting for the relationships to load, it saved the marriage date and location correctly. V if you can reproduce this reliably, post here right after you do so, with the name or URL of the profile you were trying to edit -- I can go see what we've got in the logs.

Showing all 11 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion