Isobel Williamson (Threlkeld) - Isobel

Started by Dennis Clark on Saturday, November 3, 2012
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
11/3/2012 at 8:54 PM

Hi there, new to this site, and doing some research on my lines. I have been trying to figure out what the source is here to connect Isobel Threlkeld either to Lancelot Threlkeld III or to her husband Nicolas Williamson. Any background information would be most helpful! Thanks.

11/3/2012 at 10:07 PM

Hi Dennis

Welcome to Geni. Many of these "older" profiles originated on Geni with GEDCOM uploads which were, in turn, based on the FamilySearch Ancestral File v 4.19. When I'm researching and validating, I start from scratch and load in new sources and research - starting with my best friend, Mr. google, on the generation BELOW my question.

Doing that I see this compilation that seems done with some care and attention:

http://www.salsbiz.com/WILLIAMSON.HTML

What do you get when you look into the Threlkeld family?

11/4/2012 at 1:43 AM

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have been searching a lot online, and oddly enough even with a lot of Googling didn't get that page you just forwarded me. I look into the older books that are available at Google Books, and there is one that speaks about Lancelot Threlkeld III, and how apparently he did have two wives, one of whom was named Eliza and was his first. HIs other was Margaret Neville, and you don't have to work to find out about her - she shows up in the Wikipedia entry for her father, Richard Neville, the Earl of Warwick in that time, and important figure of the time. I suspect none of Lacelot's children were by her, but only three are listed in these old historical sources, but there is only one and if her name is ELizabeth instad of Isobel then maybe she is the daughter of Eliza and probably the first if you look at the dates, she almost has to be to fit in.

But that one entry at the link you sent, says that Isoblem/Elizabeth's husband John Williamson was also in Cumberland, so that's good, same area as the Threlkeld's

Anyway, thanks! The more info the better. This makes a huge difference if the wife of Williamson is the daughter of Lancelot. If you work your way back from him, you will see some extraordinary ancestors.....!

Dennis.

11/4/2012 at 10:12 PM

Great exploration! Please keep the Geni profiles updated with your findings, if you'd be so kind.

Private User
6/4/2022 at 11:28 AM

There is no proof of her father and her supposed father is an unproven son. All very wishful thinking and should be disconnected and frozen to stop users adding the same false ancestors.

6/4/2022 at 1:33 PM

Disconnected Elizabeth “Isabel” Williamson from parents & locked relationships.

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion