Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
1/5/2013 at 12:18 PM

This shows: ( Sarah Huested )
November 20, 1717 (43)
Stamford, Fairfield, CT, USA
While the entry for Samuel Husted (her husband) shows the same date. Admitted it's quite possible, but has it been verified or is one of the dates incorrect?

1/6/2013 at 8:27 AM

Good catch. There were TWO Samuel Husted profiles attached to Sarah Knapp. I merged them and checked the DOD on the second one which was 1741 which concurs with most of the family trees out there. We should probably look for a better source, but for now, it's likely more accurate.

Private User
1/7/2013 at 8:12 AM

Gracias Hatte,
I'm way off my tree, trying to find something in my Jones line beyond the mid 1800's. Family tradition has it that one of my ancestors married into the family of John Witherspoon (Declaration of Independence) but I've seen *many* other Jones who have the same tradition. Assuming there's some basis to the rumour I've looked at a lot of those trees and gotten - typically - absolutely nothing.
I'm the "weird bachelor" uncle who's retired and spends time on the computer chasing lost causes!
Thanks for your reply and once I'm back on my main computer I'll update my notes.
//al

1/7/2013 at 5:53 PM

De nada. If you catch any other issues, post them here. All help is appreciated in cleaning up the tree and finding errors and inconsistencies!

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion