Hermann Friedmann - Birth/death are wrong for this Hermann Friedmann

Started by Andrew Greene on Monday, February 25, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 8 posts
2/25/2013 at 4:40 PM

The Hermann Friedmann who is my great-grandfather (married Ella Erlanger and had two children, Julius and Frieda) was born in Hüttenheim on 10 March 1878 and died in Nürnberg on 17 April 1931.

We need to disentangle him from the on born in Schleusingen on 24 June 1867 and killed in Terezin on 16 May 1943.

Thanks,
Andrew

2/25/2013 at 5:40 PM

I did not create this profile but I'm following Hermann because of the Bissinger connection.

Is your Hermann a Bissinger ancestor?

Will it be sufficient to change the birth and death data on the existing profile or will that create more problems?

Regards,

P;over

2/26/2013 at 3:03 AM

Looking at the record history, it seems that @David Prins added the birth and death information in October.

My Hermann is indeed a Bissinger ancestor: his daughter Frieda married Louis Bissinger; Frieda and Louis are my grandparents.

So I would agree with the proposal to correct the birth and death data on this profile.

Thanks,
Andrew

Private User
2/26/2013 at 6:08 AM

Before changing anything, I suggest also involving Private User who originally added the profile.

Looking at the revisions, the chronology is as follows:

1. June 2011: Private User added the profile in June 2011. He then updated the surname from Friedman to Friedmann. He left the forename unknown.

2. In Oct 2012, I added the forename and birth and death info based on http://reocities.com/Eureka/meeting/5068/fam00232.html

3. In Dec 2012, Benjamin Schoenbrun (Geni Curator) merged the profile with one that was separately managed on Geni by Oliver Bryk.

Private User
2/26/2013 at 11:23 AM

Dear Andrew, David and Oliver,

I started looking into this yesterday, and did not yet arrive at an answer that is at least 85% correct.
I did find at Yad Vashem three entries for Hermann Friedmann with the DOB
that David entered, but it did not seem to be correct.
So far I did not find any document that indicates the name of the Friedmann
husband.
But we know that we arrived correctly to ELLA FRIEDMANN (ERLANGER).
If Andrew knows for sure that this ELLA was his g.greatmother, than we should be confident in entering the information for her g.grandfather.
My phylosophy in geneology is to be at least 80-90% certain of the information before adding it to the tree.
That is the reason why I did not add the husband's name.
Be well and G-d bless,

Dani

2/27/2013 at 2:59 AM

Joach Freiman's genealogy (the one that David cites on reocities is a 7-year-old copy) is extensive and useful but sometimes contains what I would call good but wrong guesses; this is a case in point.

I'm 100% certain that we're talking about my great-grandparents. I posted a blog entry on this part of the family last November, which contains what every genealogist loves: primary sources! :-)

http://530nm330hz.livejournal.com/444322.html has the writeup and some photos and document scans, and http://530nm330hz.livejournal.com/444664.html has more including Hermann's death certificate and a photo of his gravestone.

Interestingly, I think I've been able to trace more information about Hermann's family since I made those posts. I believe that his mother's maiden name was Babette Ermreuther, not Ermanreuther, and there's been extensive research done on the Ermreuth Jewish community that gets me another couple of generations.... but I'm still trying to find independent confirmation on Hermann's parents. As Dani says, I'm looking for 80-90% certainty before I'm satisfied. :-)

Thank you all.

Best,
Andrew

Private User
2/27/2013 at 12:26 PM

Dear Andrew,

As a direct descendant to Hermann Friedmann, I named you a co-manager of his profile, which you deserve.
Now you have your work cut out for you, to add all the ancestors, siblings, spouses and children of those close relatives of yours to the Geni tree based on all the data you discribed.
If you take that initiative, the likelihood for mistakes is going to be lessened.
Thank you for your interest and cooperation,

Dani

3/1/2013 at 7:18 AM

Last night, I found the Friedmann family entries in the Huettenheim records from the Leo Baeck Institute. I've posted images and analysis at http://530nm330hz.livejournal.com/447676.html

Shabbat Shalom all,
Andrew

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion