Peter Robinson Settlers - Irish emigration to Canada.

Started by Private User on Tuesday, March 26, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 4 posts
Private User
3/26/2013 at 9:15 AM

I have just started to work on this already excisting project as I live in the area where most of the settlers originated , in 12 years time it will be the celebration of the two hundreth anniversary so we are starting early.

I am looking for collaborators and curators to help fill out this project, everyone with an interest in Canadian and/or Irish genealogy is invited to participate.

Private User
4/12/2016 at 8:24 AM

Hello Anne-Marie. Thank you for your work on this project. My ancestor, Busteed Green, age 23, came from Castletownroche, Co. Cork on the Stakesby, along with several of his brothers and in-laws. I will be going to Ireland next month and hope to explore some family history. Unfortunately, I don't have much to go on. I only know his parents were Michael and Anne. I've never been able to find birth records for Busteed. Perhaps your project will reveal some information for me and others.

3/7/2017 at 1:17 PM

@Peter Robinson Settlers-Irish emigration to Canda. My Great Great Grandfather Patrick Leahy emigrated to Douro on the Fortitude in 1825. I see someone has already listed him and two of his children on the Pasenger List. I have joined the free Geni and addead my tree..still working on entering all my data as of 3/7/2017. I would like to keep in touch and be notified as the reunion plans progress. God willing I'll still be healthy enough to attend.

8/10/2017 at 4:09 PM

Mary BuchholzI am very interested in this project. We have visited Peterborough and Smith Township and would love to be there again in 2015. Mary

Showing all 4 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion