• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts
Private User
4/5/2013 at 5:32 AM

Leave your name in the comments section if you like to join the Canadian collaboration pool

When you join, you are indicating your willingness to accept all collaboration requests from anyone else who has joined the Canadian collaboration pool.

Private User
4/5/2013 at 5:32 AM

Private User

Private User
6/2/2013 at 7:22 PM

Matt LaDke

Private User
7/25/2013 at 9:00 AM

@i would like to join "Canadian collaboration pool my desendents are from Kahnawake Que my 5th grt grandfather is Silas Rice son of Edmund Rice

Private User
11/29/2014 at 7:28 PM

Private User

6/16/2017 at 11:17 AM

If you need help with your dutch roots I can help

9/6/2017 at 12:56 PM

Susan Elizabeth McGEE - Looking for Information on Judith Briand - Michael White , Mary Ann Briand - Peter Briand - Gaspe Que

9/6/2017 at 10:40 PM
9/8/2017 at 9:40 PM

Hi Han,thank you for the link. I have them in my tree in ancestry. I have found more information .i was adopted in 1962 and i think they might be my paternal ggg grandparents. I have follwed them down to other family names- foley / st croix/ white.

9/8/2017 at 11:44 PM

did you try DNA tests? Maybe some relatives did it too?

9/9/2017 at 6:19 AM

Hi Han, yes I did the DNA and have found 4 third cousins and quite a few 4th cousins and farther.. I have made a family tree on ancestry and can drill down. But cant get close to who my Bf would be.it is like finding a needle in a hay stack.

9/9/2017 at 6:26 AM

Ps my husband is Dutch maybe once I figure my family tree I can do his 😀

9/9/2017 at 9:09 AM

Good luck. here is a good place where I find a lot of Dutch family
https://www.wiewaswie.nl/en/search/?advancedsearch=1
You can use wildcards such as * for anything or ? for one letter eg a or e or d or t.

11/26/2017 at 11:54 AM

I live in Prince Edward Island and have Scottish, Irish, English, German and French ancestors. My surnames are Bott, Picot, Penman, Cole, Adams, Murphy, Horne, MacAusland, Costin, Reilly, Quinn, Ramsay, MacMillan, Gillis, Barry, Muttart, Cosgrove, MacLellan.

Private User
3/8/2018 at 7:09 PM

George Styles Paternal Line: Styles, Tucker, Lloyd, Hunter, Oldham, Hand, Sawdon, Lee, Cock., Cambridge. Maternal Line: Maracle, Claus

Private User
5/16/2018 at 4:28 PM

Glaholm, Stephenson, MacGregor
Birth mother Jean Bishop (Jean Mclean Bishop)

5/21/2018 at 9:21 AM

I’d be interested in ‘collaborating’ however the description doesn’t really explain what the group collaborated on.

8/5/2018 at 9:17 AM

I am looking for Messier/Cloutier lines. Joseph Messier was a voyager and lived on Drummond Island. Marie Cloutier (she had many aliases Monquota, Lapon, Makote, St. Germain. Etc.) leaving researchers to think Joseph Messier had many wives. But this couple moved in 1828 when Drummond Island was transferred to the US. They moved to Tiny Ontario (near LaFontain/Tay/Penetangushene). I have records from St. Anne’s (Penetangushene) but they had no marriage info or parents names. The children’s names are Joseph who married Margarette Cote, Victor who married Angelique LaCroix, Charles Leon (my line) married Henrietta Charlebois, Louise who married Gonzoge Cote. There were more children ...

I know there were large groups of Drummond Islanders who married on the same day. One explanation was the Church would not condone them living together until they were married by the church. A priest, Fr. McDougle/McDonald officiated over the group weddings. Joseph and Marie, on their census always said 1829.

Another Cloutier woman, Rosalie married Jacques Adam Laremee. I believe our Marie was related to her because she named a daughter after her?

If anyone can help me with this line I will be forever grateful.

10/17/2018 at 1:05 PM

Here is him listed in a list of voyagers to Drummond Island: "Messier, Joseph, of lot 15, con. 16, and Lot 17, con 15, Tiny. His father was born in St. Francis, Quebec, and went up with the North-West Company. He was closely connected with the Deschenaux family. He built the second house in Lafontaine. His ancestors, Joseph and Michael Messier, of Saint Michael, took the oath in 1772. Descendants are still living in Tiny, and a grandson, Joseph Messier, lives at Victoria Harbor.:
---------------------------------------------------------------

1/28/2019 at 8:59 AM

Thank you. I’ve had this info but have never been able to make any connections prior to Joseph and wife Marie (?) prior to moving to Tiny Ontario.

Would you have any suggestions I might have missed?

Thanks again
Jeanne Ann

1/31/2019 at 6:38 AM

Mikey,

Do you know where I might find records on ‘taking the Oath’? I know what it means I just can’t find any records for them.

5/14/2019 at 3:12 PM

Hi Jeanne, Were you able to find out what you were looking for? I do most of my research in Pennetanguishene/ Drummond Island? Tiny/ Tay, etc... that is where my mother is from. I have a few publications that I can use to help you if need be. Feel free to message me and I will gladly do what I can to help. Chances are good if your family is from there, we are probably related somehow :)

5/14/2019 at 3:13 PM

@Jeanne A. Bowerman

Private User
11/16/2019 at 5:22 AM

Private User

Private User
11/16/2019 at 5:29 AM

Hi - i live in Toronto. My gg grandmother (or ggg grandmother) was Dutch. She and her husband (Gildiner) emigrated to Poland. Can anybody (Hans?) help me find anything out about her? Also, my husband was born and adopted in Nanaimo, BC. How could he find out about his birth parents or half siblings, etc? Finally, what is the best genetic testing to use? Thanks!

Private User
11/16/2019 at 5:30 AM

Han Mohrs
Hi Han, Please see the message i posted (accidentally to myself). Thanks

11/16/2019 at 11:16 AM

Private User
I can try but you have to give me more info. Could not find any Gildiner in the Netherlands.
What was your grandmothers maiden name? Or names of her parents.
We use FamilytreeDNA because you can make the results show up in Geni.
There is an organization on facebook that can help with finding birth parents etc
https://www.facebook.com/groups/CanadaAdoptees/
I hope this helped

1/4/2020 at 7:21 PM

I just made a new project Canadian Inventors and inventions.

https://www.geni.com/projects/Canada-Inventors-and-inventions/148008

Billie

10/9/2021 at 5:46 PM

Looking for information on the Regnier line from Henri Regnier (b. 1662) who married Marie Chaudron(ne) (Nauleau) (b.1662). Thanks, Wendy.

10/15/2021 at 5:02 PM

I have Grandfather way back who was With Queen Rangers ended up in Canada love to find out about his Canadian stay. James McCauley McCulley. In Canada saw his name as James McAuley as well. This was all I was able to find on him in Canada. Like to see if anymore records of him there????? Only thing found was basic land record.

https://books.google.com/books?id=Dvs2DwAAQBAJ&pg=PT101&lpg...

http://www.royalprovincial.com/military/rhist/qar/qarofficers.htm

https://www.canadiana.ca/view/oocihm.02561/326?r=0&s=1

https://archives.gnb.ca/Search/RS108/Details.aspx?culture=en-CA&amp...

Captain James Jonathan McCauley

Billie

Showing 1-30 of 31 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion