Margaret Macinnes - The missing child of Annie hoyles and Isaac McInnes is Alice Agnus McInnes - My grandmother.

Started by Carole Cornish on Wednesday, June 26, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

6/26/2013 at 5:21 AM

Alice married Robert William Chadban and they had Stanley- diedas a young child , Marjorie Maud, Lesley, Eric, Henry Martin, (my father) Valerie- died as a young child Claude, Colin and Kenneth. I believe Alice left home to work in Stroud where she met and married Robert . The above children of Isaac and Annie where her siblings. I am trying to find Isaac's birth - if in Scotland or Australia as I am visiting Scotland for a month soon. There are many Donald and Margaret McInneses and I'm not able to make a definite connection.
My father told me many years back that his grandfather came for the West coast of Scotland and that he was a Catholic and that he was also a fisherman. Alice married out of the Catholic church which could well have been a reason n those days for her to not be included in the family list. however I know that her mother Annie Hoyles often visited the family when my father was just a lad. He also said that she lived in Camperdown near the children's Hospital where he spent some time as a child. Each morning she would wave up to him (he was on the verandah - as she swept the

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion