Sarah Jenney - Sarah Carey Jenney

Started by Private User on Thursday, June 27, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
6/27/2013 at 4:07 AM

There appears to be a problem with profile. Or at least her parents. As you can see she was born 1590. According to Genealogical Guide to Early Settlers of America page 77 John Carey and Elizabeth Godfrey ( this who someone put as her parents) were iinfact married 1644, about 54 years after her birth. And their births were not in the 1500's but John Carey was born 1610 and his wife was born 1620. Obviously not Sarah's parents. it also list all 12 children. which included a Sarah born 1667 , She was their 11th child. It also lists all the spouces. No husband was listed for Sarah born 1667. I don't know but I an guessing that perhapes John Carey was the brother of Sarah Carey's father. Now that's just a guess. Or maybe ,given the date on the profile even Sarah's grandfather. Note that on one the profiles there is a note that John is infact not Sarah's father. Judy

Private User
6/27/2013 at 2:15 PM

Seeing that there are records that say John Carey and Elizabeth Godfrey are the parents of Sarah and there b, dates are in the middle 1500' and there are record of a couple also names John Carey and Elizabeth Godfrey with later birthdate 1610 for him ,1620 for her getting married in 1644 with a daughter also Sarah Carey , perhapes they are both correct. Two separate couples , with the same names! This is not impossible. Happens all the time.What do ya think?

6/28/2013 at 1:18 PM

Sarah's profile looks just like the curator's note says it should, with unknown parents. The "Revisions" tab shows that the curator did some work on it yesterday. Looks like the problem is solved.
Old genealogy books have lots of errors in them. To say what the names of Sarah's parents are, I think somebody has to discover some documents that are still unknown.

Private User
6/28/2013 at 4:10 PM

Haven't looked at it yet tonight . Have to check it out. I know a lot of old books have mis info in them. Not on purpose I am sure but they could only go with info they had at time. I think if there were sets of John Carey and Elizabeth Godfrey it could easierly get mixed up. And then with both maybe having a Sarah ,that could be even more confusing. I had that in another line. Had two brothers marrying two sisters and both had sons born the samee time ,and had the same name. What a mess.

Private User
6/28/2013 at 4:19 PM

Well the profile was locked by Ben . He 's the one who but the note on top of it and it appears he has added more to it, I never was part of putting Sarah Carey who married John Jenney,( Sarah's) parents in .. Someone else had added her parents. I did add children to said parents profiles because I found them in a reference and they had a Sarh but not this Sarah. i think maybe everything regard Carey and Godfrey's profiles have been removed. Probably to do more research on them.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion