Maxie Lee Ennis, Sr. - margaret ennis

Started by Diane Ruth Kowitz on Thursday, June 27, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
6/27/2013 at 8:04 PM

Margaret was married to Lee Ennis. She was Maxie Lee Ennis, sr. daughter in law, not daughter. Maxie Lee Sr. was my father in law. thanks for the info. diane ennis.

6/30/2013 at 8:05 PM

Thanks for the correction! I saw Margaret on the 1935 Census for the first time, and didn't know where she came from. To make sure, she was Lee (or Leroy) Ennis's wife? Do you know her maiden name? There was another person on that census that I couldn't figure out: Joy Carroll O'Barry, born 1933 in Florida, was listed as Maxie Sr's grandchild. Could this have been Margaret's child from another father before marrying Lee??

I will make that change on the tree, and thank you for contacting me.

My wife is related to the Ennises, through her g-g-grandfather, Samuel Lee Ennis, and g-grandmother, Stella Mae Ennis. Stella Mae and Maxie Lee share a common ancestor - David Ennis (1793-1860)

7/1/2013 at 7:05 AM

I am glad to hear from you. Would you prefer to correspond by e mail? I married into this family in 1980. I married Maxie Lee Ennis, Jr. He went by 'M.L.' Margaret was married to Lee Roy Ennis. They did not have any children together. (He went by Lee Roy.) I do not know her maiden name. I met her once, after their divorce, many many years ago.
Joy Carroll O'Berry was the child of Sue Ennis Gifford (Maxie Sr. oldest child). Joy is still living in the Orlando area.
I know alot about this family. Since my family immigrated in the early 20th century, it is hard for me to find information. I am not a professional, or even an amateur at this. I just think it is interesting. I have taken the opportunity to follow on my in-law family since there are more documents and there are still people living that know. If you want more info on the family, I am full of it.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion