Started by Rhonda Susan McBeth on Friday, June 28, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Private
    Geni member
Showing all 16 posts
6/28/2013 at 8:46 PM

i am not able to log in on my desktop and it won't let me change my password. a message pops up telling me i don't have permission to view the page. can any one help me log back in?

Private User
7/2/2013 at 5:57 PM

Still a problem?

7/2/2013 at 10:38 PM

YES

Private User
7/2/2013 at 11:31 PM

Hmm, but you managed to log in and answer the question.

What is the error mesage you get when entering:
https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

7/9/2013 at 1:32 AM

I AM ABLE TO LOGIN ON MY TABLET BUT I CAN NOT LOGIN WHILE USING MY DESKTOP AND WHEN I CHANGE THE PASSWORD I GET A MESSAGE THAT MY PASSWORD WAS CHANGED. HOWEVER, ON MY DESKTOP IT SAYS MY PASSWORD DOES NOT MATCH.

Private User
7/9/2013 at 1:45 AM

Are you using your browser's option to store passwords?
Try to ignore the stored password and retype the new password.

Private User
12/24/2019 at 7:01 PM

How do I download my raw dna from family tree Dna to geni

Private User
12/25/2019 at 1:14 AM

Private User There is no option to upload raw DNA directly on Geni, - you can only link your DNA results directly from FTDNA, and you can do that from the DNA tab on your profile or from the partner applications page on FTDNA. https://www.familytreedna.com/my/partner-applications

Before you do that it is very important that you edit your own profile and set what biological gender you have yourself because it is the key on how FTDNA propagate the result in your family tree. Today your Geni profile tells that you have unknown gender ;-)

Private User
12/25/2019 at 8:40 AM

Lol ,thank you! Didn't realize.

6/23/2020 at 4:41 AM

jamesocarroll@outlook.com Can anyone help please. My brother is aged 83 and he has not logged into his account for a few years. In the meantime his email address has changed and he has lost his password. I have a geni account but I am unable to alter his details. This is a problem because his wife died a year ago plus some other relatives on his tree and Geni sends emails about birthdays etc. How can he get back into his account ?

Private User
6/23/2020 at 7:59 AM

James Peter O'Carroll, which brother?

6/23/2020 at 8:25 AM

Michael o ‘Carroll

Private User
6/23/2020 at 8:48 AM

But Private's last login was today, so everything seem to be in order, but he need to go to his account settings, which you find, as most sites with a login, by clicking his own name at the top. In the account settings, https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password, he can change primary email and password.

6/23/2020 at 12:29 PM

Thanks Bjorn. Unfortunately he still has the same problem. I think he tried several passwords, one obviously works but he did not write it down. He lives in Tipperary, Ireland whereas I live in London.

Private User
6/23/2020 at 2:16 PM

OK, I have removed the email, so you can enter the new one.

6/24/2020 at 11:23 AM

Thanks Bjorn, he is now back on and will be able to make the necessary amendments/additions.

Showing all 16 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion