Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

• Private
    Geni member
  • Private
    Geni member
Showing all 25 posts
6/28/2013 at 8:46 PM

i am not able to log in on my desktop and it won't let me change my password. a message pops up telling me i don't have permission to view the page. can any one help me log back in?

Private User
7/2/2013 at 5:57 PM

Still a problem?

7/2/2013 at 10:38 PM

YES

Private User
7/2/2013 at 11:31 PM

Hmm, but you managed to log in and answer the question.

What is the error mesage you get when entering:
https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password

7/9/2013 at 1:32 AM

I AM ABLE TO LOGIN ON MY TABLET BUT I CAN NOT LOGIN WHILE USING MY DESKTOP AND WHEN I CHANGE THE PASSWORD I GET A MESSAGE THAT MY PASSWORD WAS CHANGED. HOWEVER, ON MY DESKTOP IT SAYS MY PASSWORD DOES NOT MATCH.

Private User
7/9/2013 at 1:45 AM

Are you using your browser's option to store passwords?
Try to ignore the stored password and retype the new password.

Private
12/24/2019 at 7:01 PM

How do I download my raw dna from family tree Dna to geni

Private User
12/25/2019 at 1:14 AM

Private There is no option to upload raw DNA directly on Geni, - you can only link your DNA results directly from FTDNA, and you can do that from the DNA tab on your profile or from the partner applications page on FTDNA. https://www.familytreedna.com/my/partner-applications

Before you do that it is very important that you edit your own profile and set what biological gender you have yourself because it is the key on how FTDNA propagate the result in your family tree. Today your Geni profile tells that you have unknown gender ;-)

Private
12/25/2019 at 8:40 AM

Lol ,thank you! Didn't realize.

6/23/2020 at 4:41 AM

jamesocarroll@outlook.com Can anyone help please. My brother is aged 83 and he has not logged into his account for a few years. In the meantime his email address has changed and he has lost his password. I have a geni account but I am unable to alter his details. This is a problem because his wife died a year ago plus some other relatives on his tree and Geni sends emails about birthdays etc. How can he get back into his account ?

Private User
6/23/2020 at 7:59 AM

James Peter O'Carroll, which brother?

6/23/2020 at 8:25 AM

Michael o ‘Carroll

Private User
6/23/2020 at 8:48 AM

But Private's last login was today, so everything seem to be in order, but he need to go to his account settings, which you find, as most sites with a login, by clicking his own name at the top. In the account settings, https://www.geni.com/account_settings/email_password, he can change primary email and password.

6/23/2020 at 12:29 PM

Thanks Bjorn. Unfortunately he still has the same problem. I think he tried several passwords, one obviously works but he did not write it down. He lives in Tipperary, Ireland whereas I live in London.

Private User
6/23/2020 at 2:16 PM

OK, I have removed the email, so you can enter the new one.

6/24/2020 at 11:23 AM

Thanks Bjorn, he is now back on and will be able to make the necessary amendments/additions.

5/26/2023 at 12:13 AM

I would like som help with my girlfriends account. She started the tree and suddenly she can't log in, the email and password doesn't connect. She tried to log in threw Facebook, but then a new tree started. And of course she can't write here because she can't log in.
The deleted the new account ( thru facebook)
She can't get a new password because the emailadress doesnt exist...

Her name is Anna-Karin Ljungström and she started the tree in 2009.

Private User
5/26/2023 at 12:57 AM

Her last login was May 5, so login obviously still work. It looks like she had two logins (i.e. email adresses) that was merged in 2019, and the password request probably got sent to that address.
Ask her to try another email as login key (even if the email as an email account does not exist anymore). Once logged in sho should set primary email and a password she remembers

5/26/2023 at 3:56 AM

Hi, we tried all emails, we could find - not so many...But it doesn't work.

Suddenly my email came up when she requested a new password.

But I can't change password, because I have a account of my own. ?

Thanks fot trying to help // Daniel & Anna-Karin

Private User
5/27/2023 at 11:24 AM

Jonas Daniel Andersson, - OK, I have opened up her profile for a re-invite.
Do NOT share an email address - if you add the same email to two profiles the profiles will be merged. This is the way we did merging in the very early days of Geni.

5/28/2023 at 12:32 AM

Private User do I have to delete her from my tree before I can re-invite her?

(Is it possible to delete someone, because when I go to her tree there is no delete button.)

I´m not really sure how I re-invite? // Daniel

5/28/2023 at 12:58 AM

Private User Hi Björn! I have solved it! Thanks for all support. / Anna-Karin

Private User
5/28/2023 at 7:59 AM

To everyone
Sometime a couple - or even more people - share an email account -- but they need to be using separate emails on Geni!!
Aside from that and do not mis-spell, having Geni send the invite is easy. -- if a person is marked Living, it will have a Field for an email address.
If you enter a value in the email field and save, Geni will send an invite to that person at that email.

If it is the same email as that used on another Geni account, then the two profiles will be merged.

Private User
5/28/2023 at 9:11 AM

You can actually share a mail inbox when using gmail, but still register with two mail adresses og for example Geni.
To quote from Gmail help sections:

  In Gmail, you can add a “+” symbol and any word you want to the end of your email,
  address and it will still reach your inbox. For example, if your email address is
  john@gmail.com, you can use john+shopping@gmail.com, john+work@gmail.com,
  or john+anythingyouwant@gmail.com

7/19/2023 at 9:40 AM

Consistintly a problem! How many times are they going to sell our public data in the name of ....

Showing all 25 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion