Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr., 47th Vice President of the USA - East India Company Connection

Started by Private User on Wednesday, July 24, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni member
  • Geni member
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

• Official White House photo. Public domain. Via Wikimedia Commons at https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Joe_Biden_presidential_portrait.jpg

Related Projects:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
7/24/2013 at 5:12 PM

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-office/2013/07/24/remarks-vice-...

Can Geni solve the American vice president's ancestral mystery? He believes he is a direct descendant of someone in India associated with an East India Company.

Private User
7/24/2013 at 8:23 PM

@Joseph "Joe Bidem Jr,47th Vice President of the USA"is my 17th cousin Judy Rice=Arthur Rice my father=Israel Tekarihoken Rice his father=Pierre Atawenrate Rice his father=Ignace Awennaietha Deer Rice his father=Marie Madeleine Deer Rice his mother =Thomas aka Atonwa Aronhiowonen her father=Silas Rice his father=Edmund Rice his father=Samuel Rice his father=Thomasine Rice(Frost)His mother=Thomasine Frost(Belgrave)her mother=Joanna Belgrave her mother=Catherine/Johanna Strutt her mother=Anne Pympe her mother=Elizabeth de Pympe her mother=Sir John Pashley her father=Elizabeth Pashley(Woodville) his mother=Richard Woodville(Wydeville),1st Earl Rivers her brother=Katherine Wydeville,Duchess of Buckingham his daughter=Elizabeth Radcliffe,Countess of Sussex her daughter=Henry Radcliffe,2nd Earl of Sussex her son=Henry Radcliffe,4rd Earl of Sussex his son=Mary Radclyffe his daughter=William Dykes her son=Dorthy Robinett his daughter=Allen Robinett her son=Saumuel Robinett his son=Nathan Robinett his son=George Robinett his son=Jesse Robinett his son=Moses Robinett his son=George Robinett his son=Mary Biden his daughter=Joseph Biden Sr her son=Joseph"Joe"R.Biden Jr.,47th Vice President of the USA" this is my lineage Judy Rice

7/24/2013 at 8:28 PM

Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr., 47th Vice President of the USA is your 14th cousin once removed.

Private User
7/24/2013 at 9:20 PM

@Joseph "Joe" R. Biden Jr., 47th Vice President of the USA. Because he is a cousin (my 16th cousin twice removed), like President Obama, my 13C1R, I follow Joe Biden on Geni. Now, I recently discovered, I have cousins, even more distant, from India, so it's possible Biden does, too.

However, in reading what the VP said during his speech in Mumbai, I don't, at all, think he was implying he has Indian ancestry--though it's possible--but rather, he is a descendent of an 18th century European who worked for East India Trading Company , and relocated to Mumbai. So, the gentleman who says he is a Biden, could very well be a descendent of Joe's distant great, grandfather, making them cousins.
Loretta Alexandra Dixon (née Pipkin)

Private User
7/24/2013 at 9:51 PM

Yes, Loretta, that is what he said. The point is that the ancestor was *in* India, and has Indian descendants today.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion