Profile linked incorrectly

Started by Shawn Kieron Kopel on Thursday, August 29, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Showing all 5 posts
8/29/2013 at 10:12 PM

I gave permission to a request to link a tree to my profile; now I have found out that the merged profile is incorrect and has wiped out and incorrectly replced my father's side of the family! How do I go back to cancel the link/merge?

8/29/2013 at 10:57 PM

hi shawn, your fathers family is still there, he has two sets of parents, as a pro member you can go to his profile in tree view, click "edit" click relationships tab and then remove the wrong parents

8/29/2013 at 11:27 PM

Jason

HUGE thanks! Your advice was exactly right, and my tree is back to what it should be! Phew :)

Thanks SHAWN

Private User
8/29/2013 at 11:33 PM

Just remember that this action probably destroyed another tree to fix your own.

You should contact the managers of the parents that got cut loose and tell that they probably are missing a child and his/her family now, or find out which yourself (probably with a similar name) and add that missing profile.

Eventually spouses and children that still are attached to (or even worse disconnected from) the profile that got a bad merge should be moved over to this new profile where they belong.

8/30/2013 at 12:23 AM

I have contacted the owner of the rogue profile, and they are addressing the issue.

Thanks for your advice :)

Cheers
SHAWN

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion