John James Pringle - is this JOHN JAMES the one ...

Started by Private User on Friday, August 30, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

• Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 5 posts
Private User
8/30/2013 at 6:17 AM

...who was the first to knit the -in Holland well known- PRINGLE of SCOTLAND sweaters & woolen vest's. We used to call them 'twin-sets' when it was about a sweater without sleeves and a same-knitted vest with long sleeves, so you could wear this combination -knitted in the same color and same woolen quality- the year around, so not only for poor people very interesting. I did not hate those clothing when I was not yet SIXTEEN, for as a result of the English quality of the wool it did not 'kriebel'. groet, jMVu.

Private User
8/30/2013 at 6:22 AM

I personally do NOT like merchandising on this platform, but I think it just an idea for the search:
* http://www.pringlescotland.com/

Private User
8/30/2013 at 6:35 AM

Just found that the PRINGLE-of-SCOTLAND-company was established in 1815, so it must have been someone earlier in the family. Ik zoek verder.

Private User
8/30/2013 at 6:38 AM

Private

herinner jij je nog van die 'kriebel'-kousjes en truitjes van toen je niet sixteen, maar iets jonger bleef? Mijn moeder breide alles zelf, zelfs van die padvinders-kousen met kabels, hartstikke moeilijk op vier pennen, maar achteraf gezien: wel MOOIJ.

Private User
8/30/2013 at 6:43 AM

MORE COPY & PASTE from the BRAND-web-SITE:

Pringle of Scotland
History

PRINGLE of Scotland is the iconic brand founded in 1815 at the birthplace of the Scottish knitwear industry. From the beginning, technical innovation has led to the creation of knitwear as outerwear it became one of the first luxury knitwear manufacturers in the world, having expanded throughout Europe, the US and Asia during the 19th and 20th centuries.

PRINGLE has been knitting cashmere since the 1870s when it began as a luxury hosiery manufacturer. It was later credited with creating the intarsia design known today as the PRINGLE signature argyle pattern, which was immediately adopted by the Duke of Windsor and the fashionable set of the time. PRINGLE also took a sporty two-piece cardigan and sweater set from the golf course and retailored it to create the ‘twinset’, and a classic British style icon was born.

In March 2000, a new chapter began for the company when a brand vision and key strategies were put in place to take the business into the international luxury arena. As part of this strategy Clare Waight KELLER was hired as Pringle’s first creative director. The womenswear collections are now shown at London Fashion Week and the menswear at Milan Fashion Week.

2010 marked Pringle’s 195th anniversary with the launch of the limited edition 195 Collaborations Collection. The Autumn / Winter 2010 campaign reunites the brand with Tilda SWINTON and Ryan McGINLEY for a second season and also features Turner Prize winner Douglas GORDON.

Showing all 5 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion