Phineas Johnson - Phineas Johnson

Started by Nancy Blakeslee on Friday, August 30, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

8/30/2013 at 9:53 AM

According to my records, Phineas Johnson, the son of Isaac and Dorothy Maltby Johnson...was born 15 Jun 1738 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut and died 17 May 1811 in Madison, New Haven, Connecticut and is buried in the Old Summer Hill Cemetery in Madison, New Haven, Connecticut. See the Connecticut Birth Records Pre 1870 -Barbour Collection and the Connecticut Deaths and Burials Index 1650-1934

He was married to Lois Hotchkiss on 11 Dec 1760 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut...who was born 05 Oct 1735 in Guilford, New Haven, Connecticut and died 09 Mar 1818 in Madison, New Haven, Connecticut. See Connecticut Town Marriage Records Pre 1870 - Barbour Collection) (He was also married to Isabel Kemp, but I am not sure about the facts of that union, as the information I find is conflicting...still working on that)

One obsticle I found in my research of Phineas is the number of men with that name, and in the same time frame. There were others even in Connecticut. He served in the Revelutionary War, but so did the others, some highly decorated. It must have been a common name in that era. If you have evidence to prove your date of death I would be interested in your references. Thankyou, Nancy

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion