Richard "The Emigrant" Harrison - The Harrisonburg Harrisons and the Presidential Harrisons

Started by Glenn Hughes on Monday, September 2, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
9/2/2013 at 10:08 PM

The Harrisonburg Virginia Harrison's and the Presidential Harrison's seem to all come from Richard "The Emigrant" Harrison. The Rev. Thomas Harrison father of Isaiah went back to England but was in Jamestown as a preacher...at a time when 2 other Harrison men were there. The Rev. Thomas Harrison was an overly prominent person for such travels, these other Jamestown Harrison men ,like Benjamin Harrison Sr., were likely relatives of his. Not having read more then excerpts of J Harrison Huston's works, and him not having the internet, how could so many people research these lines and not see that Margaret Pilkington - Richard Harrison's wife - was a common person in both sets of Harrison (Harrisonburg & Presidential) family trees? I keep thinking I must be seeing something wrong if such prominent researchers looked for this link for so many years of their lives, and think did I really solve this?

9/3/2013 at 12:56 AM

James Hutchison I'm wondering if you have a thought about this point.

9/6/2013 at 8:01 AM

This Margaret Pilkington wife of Richard "The Emigrant" Harrison should not be confused with Isaiah Harrison Sr's wife Elizabeth's ancestor the Margaret Pilkington born circa 1371. So it appears that Richard "The Emigrant" Harrison's grandson Isaiah Harrison Sr. married into the same Pilkington line, that has many Royal Knights.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion