Elizabeth Palmer (Verney) - Clarification of Palmer-Verney relationships

Started by Carolyn Goates on Saturday, September 7, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 6 posts
9/7/2013 at 10:07 AM

Here are some clarifications on a number of Palmer-Verney relations

This is the correct list of children of William (John) Palmer and Elizabeth Verney from "Berry's Sussex" genealogies (available in the Salt Lake Family History Library)

1) Sir Thomas born 1574 died circa 1605
2) Katherine born 1579 who married Thomas Hinton
3) William born 1583 died 1585
4) Sarah born 1586/7 who married Captain Smith, but not Henry Rowley (this is a different Sarah Palmer who married Henry)

There is only one Palmer husband, Wiliam (John) Palmer who is Elizabeth's husband. And the children who don't belong are Abraham, Walter, John, Nathaniel and Elizabeth.

The only other husband she had was Henry Bromley, not Walter Palmer.

This has been corrected in the LDS network, though there are hundreds of records that can't be combined due to their sizes. Nevertheless, William (John) Palmer & Elizabeth Verney have only the 4 previously mentioned children (and their myriad of duplicates.)

This information is born out through multiple sources including Berry's Sussex Genealogies. I hope you can correct it to keep from having all this wrong info out there for others to replicate.

9/7/2013 at 10:39 AM

Tagging Erin Ishimoticha for her thoughts

9/21/2013 at 8:38 PM

Here is the Current state of the too many husbands

Husband: Sir John William Palmer, Sr., Dr. (1544 - 1661)
Husband: Henry Bromley (1556 - 1615)
Husband: Walter Palmer, 1540 (1540 - d.)
Husband: William Palmer (1545 - 1587)

Carolyn Goates

Do you have a pointer to the Sussex genealogies we can source this profile with?

Erin Ishimoticha I think this info will help untangle ...

9/22/2013 at 2:31 AM

Walter Palmer, I has been disconnected as a spouse of Elizabeth Bromley. Not sure of his parents.

3/23/2014 at 12:40 PM

Not intending ti indicate you may not be correct but what was the source(s) that indicated Walter was their son? Is there any source material that shoes Walters parentage, legitimate or otherwise?

7/10/2014 at 7:11 PM

Sure! In answer to Sussex genealogies, I'll post it here: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/119315/%20palmer300.pdf

Showing all 6 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion