God Almighty / אבינו שבשמים / الله . - This tree should be deleted

Started by Private on Monday, November 11, 2013
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 19 posts
Private
11/11/2013 at 4:52 PM

First I thought God was not a human being, then I did not know he was dead, now I found out he is my 90th great grandfather.

This is not nice towards God, it is not nice towads the human beings and at last this is a disaster for all genealogists.

11/11/2013 at 5:00 PM

I believe that most people would know to take this genealogical line with a grain of salt, as anything tracing so far back is likely to have some errors

However anyone believing in the Jedea-Christian God and that the Torah and Bible are factual and accurate would believe the lineage shown in those writing to be legitimate. Thus it is unfair to delete it when /some/ people believe it because /some/ don't. You can simply choose not to acknowledge this line.

Private User
11/11/2013 at 5:16 PM

@http://www.geni.com/people/God-Almighty-is my 86th grt grandfather do i believe this i take it with a salt of grain Judy Rice

11/12/2013 at 3:19 AM

At first I was a little peeved because God Is a mythical character and I feel I was cheated out of some generations through that line. I did find a 130th grandfather through the Chinese tho. One must expect some error going back that far.

11/12/2013 at 5:32 AM

Let's be practical. And thankful. For thousands years religious people take care - for us - of birth and dead registers. Without their work we never meet here. So, some how, we still are in "their land". At least - and until most of us can meet in the wonder-DNA-land, where the people of Island are waiting for decades - we must live togehter with humble respect. And, most of all, "tolerate those seminal fictions" disturbing our distant and pretentious ideal of 100% trusthful acuracy in this wonder work.

Private User
11/12/2013 at 8:56 AM

God is a fact to me ! He not died and He not my physicalGreat Great grandfather either! He is my spiritial father He is my creator as such I do go back to Him just as a creation does.. I too think there can be errors in our lineage and the bible has archeological proof that a good portion is true and I have faith the rest is true! I look at our planet and the life on it and can/t believe otherwise!

http://christiananswers.net/q-eden/edn-t003.html.

Private
11/12/2013 at 12:11 PM

I agree with all of you. Of course there must be some errors in our lineage. My point is that this is dis-respectful towards God.

11/12/2013 at 2:19 PM

whats happen if we found that ( adam eve father) is a alien ...
and dont believe that profile to be true

acording to this profile almighty is more older
Adam of Eden
dont take me too serious plz
mart

Private User
11/12/2013 at 3:19 PM

I feel, if you don't believe it, ignore it. This is a world tree and shared by all. This tree IS a documented tree, as it is in the "Bible." I personally don't believe in being created from the rib of a man, from dust, from some entity in the cosmos...but because this is the tree that so many of "my" ancestors are "supposedly" descended from, I say leave it. If you don't believe it, you don't believe...should it be deleted? Not on Geni.com.

John Smith
11/12/2013 at 3:48 PM

Private User
I agree with you, my 18th Cousin.

John Smith
11/12/2013 at 4:00 PM

"A well-informed opinion is a worthwhile opinion." -Source Obscure

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/God

11/12/2013 at 4:10 PM

Wise words, particularly from Deisi and mi2. It doesn't matter what I believe. Discussions of both religion and politics are out of line on Geni.

What matters is that we be respectful about the different opinions of our many cousins.

John Smith
11/12/2013 at 4:26 PM

Justin Durand
I concur.

Private
11/13/2013 at 1:39 AM

ADAM A.S is your 124th great grandfather.
W is your 19th cousin once removed.
mi² Anderson is your 28th cousin once removed.
mart is your 27th cousin four times removed.
Donna Dee Elder is your 20th cousin twice removed.
Deisi Vaz Pinto is your 25th cousin four times removed.
Karen Dishman is your 25th cousin once removed.
Judy Rice is your 25th cousin four times removed.
Marie-Louise Lariviere is your 29th cousin.

Interesting. I'm related to all of you except Justin Swanström.

11/13/2013 at 4:59 AM

its a question of time britt :) i am related to justin and all :) including almighty, i never claim about my own believe ,i was talkin of the profile.

world history have more that 5000 years, long befor it was by oral tradition before writing .i do agree we have to respect each other and listen and share our common knowledge we are all related and with geni its a good proof to get in front of our eyes when we see relation betwen us ...my fun part is trying to figure the migration of our ancestor

but what i believe is very diferent of what i was thinkin 25 years ago
i should learn more in english vocabulary class :)

11/13/2013 at 6:13 AM

That's it mart ! Exactly 5.125 years, at least for more than 1,2 billion of our actual cousins living in India. Look this:

SRI KRISHNA - July 28, - 3112, Mathura, Uttar Pradesh, India - is your 55th great grandmother's husband's third cousin 7 times removed's husband's granddaughter's husband's second cousin once removed's husband's grandson's wife's half brother KRISHNA Yadava

And we can not forget that India has the largest number of PHD in the world today !!!

Private
11/13/2013 at 7:09 AM

SRIKRISHNA got 2 fathers, 11 mothers and 91 children?? Or someone has registered something wrong.

11/13/2013 at 3:51 PM

Private

Glad to see you interested in such an important person in historic India.

The 2 fathers are because one was his foster father and very important to his story. Unfortunately Geni, like all on line trees, does not have a good way to represent adoptive parents. The profile manager chose one of the methods used: 2 sets of parents in conflict. You can view Geni
FAQ for more information.

If you read the overview notes you will see an explanation about the many wives. Again, this is important in understanding Srikrishna.

Private
11/13/2013 at 11:47 PM

Hi Erica, my 26th cousin once removed. Thanks for the explaination.

One of my sons and daughter-in-law are buddhists and I am all new to eastern gods. I'm learning, everyday. Happy to see that people in here are willing to use their time to explain to me. Thank you all.

Showing all 19 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion