Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 7 posts
Private User
2/25/2014 at 1:40 PM

Can you tell me who her parents are
Christine

Private User
2/25/2014 at 3:47 PM

Private User, are these profiles for the same person?

Lavina Driggs
Martha Lovina Martin

I'm assuming they are. It looks like your profile has parents attached...are you asking users to help you confirm them?

Also, note that you have the merge ready to be completed at http://www.geni.com/search/matches?id=6000000005007826227&src=p...

Private User
2/25/2014 at 3:50 PM

Also, bear in mind that it's really challenging to work with profiles that don't have dates/locations/etc. included. Do you have that information for Lovina or any of the surrounding relatives? That would help in confirming or eliminating any parental candidates.

Private User
2/26/2014 at 5:58 AM

Ashley
I don't merged trees until I know for certain it is in fact the same people. This is how people get their trees messed up. I have parents for her attached yes. My question was who do you have for her as parents if any. My line is with the Martin I belong to her brother John Martin

Private User
2/28/2014 at 5:41 AM

Ashley
Yes they are one and the same person. How are you connected to Lovina
Christine

Private User
2/28/2014 at 12:07 PM

Hi, Christine! Sorry for not replying sooner.

I'm actually not connected in any close way; I'm a curator for Geni and was hoping to be able to help you out. The problem is that it's difficult to assist with branches that don't have dates and locations. I actually thought this branch was in Virginia before you updated the info.

So how we can help from here?

Private User
2/28/2014 at 12:11 PM

Also, I see that you've changed her first name since I last saw the profile. What was your source for that? Maybe we can use that source to somehow narrow down her parents.

There is actually a really great "Source" tab on profiles where you can upload documents and even webpages (except for password-protected ones, like private Ancestry documents) directly to the profile. And then you can cite exactly which facts on the profile came from where. I find it really, really handy. And if there's something that's password-protected but I want to note it, I put it in the "About" section on the main page of the profile. Just some suggestions.

Showing all 7 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion