Tom Benrimo - 1907, Thomas Daniel Benrimo in Brooklyn New York?

Started by Alfred "Ed Moch" Cota on Tuesday, April 1, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
4/1/2014 at 9:58 PM

Being involved in The San Francisco Earthquake of 1906, it is very possible that His Brother, Joseph Harry Benrimo was already or on his way to The New York Area for Auditions/Rehearsals for a New Broadway Musical/Play, set to open in November. Restrictions of movements about the city, would be obvious. What available family members that were in San Francisco, would have been assisting one another at was was not destroyed. Though there is no indication of His Father's whereabouts, it would seem that Thomas possibly left San Francisco around Autumn and meeting His Brother, Joseph in Brooklyn, in 1907? He probably did some stage set work, before finding employment as an instructor at Brooklyn's Pratt Institute.

4/1/2014 at 11:48 PM

Time line tab:

- In 1905 he was in SF working as an assistant librarian and living with his family on Guerro Street

- According to Thomas DANIEL Benrimo's draft registration card of 1917/1918, he was single & living on West 107th Street in Manhattan; illustrator, own business.

- 1925 he was married and living in Mamaroneck (NY State census).

So his NY theater days would have / could have been after 1906 before 1925.

4/2/2014 at 12:08 AM

This would seem most logical. Him residing in Mamaroneck with Helen also makes since and their Daughter, Rita, being born in Lanchmont... being right next to Mamaroneck also connects as well as My Adopted Family and I visiting some people in Launchmont around 1958... seems to connect with possible Kin living there and the death of Thomas also in that same year. I remember it as if it was yesterday.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion