John Hopper - John Hopper 1775 to 1823 to Virginia Lee Hopper Oldham 1948

Started by Virginia Lee Oldham on Friday, April 4, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 2 posts

William C. "Billy" Hopper 1815 to 1892 in Caldwell Co, KY listed on find-a-grave at Lamb Cemetery. Father and mother given as this John and Sarah Elizabeth Scott and know siblings as Eliza ?, John Alexander, David Martin, and Humphrey. While doing research to find an ARW soldier for membership in DAR I located Fred Feldman Family History and the Cowan's of Wheatcroft and Debbie Atcherley's (Gray Family) web sites. I have connection William C's known siblings and my descendants.
John and Sarah children are: Humphrey 1808-26 Mar 1861 Lyon Co. KY married Rebecca Crow 9 Aug 1829 in Calloway, KY; William C. "Billy" 18 Sep 1815-15 Dec 1892 Lamb Cem. Caldwell Co. KY, married Elizabeth P Lamb; John Alexander 1818-? married Sarah "Sallie" Glass in 1838 (their daughter Mildred Louisa Hopper/Dearing is my great great grandmother on my Mother's side); James "Jimmie" 1820-? married Amanda "Lucinda" Johnson in 1841 (their son James C. 1848 married Susan C. Still 1854-abt 1900); and David Martin abt 1823; I cannot find information about Eliza.

I found my ARW soldier through James C. His wife Susan Catherin Still was the daughter of Amanda Gray a descendant of Garrett Gray, Sr. of Lyon County. I am not a member of Geni and cannot log in; however, I can be reached at ginnie.oldham@gmail.com.

James C. "Poke" Hopper and Susan C. Still are my great grandparents on my Father, Herman Edward Hopper's side. So my parents Herman and Mary Odell Boyd share a common ancestor. Cool.
ginnie oldham
ginnie.oldham@gmail.com

Showing all 2 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion