Welsh Monumental Inscriptions, Cemeteries and Graveyards

Started by Terry Jackson (Switzer) on Monday, April 14, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Related Projects:

Showing all 3 posts
4/14/2014 at 7:14 AM

http://www.geni.com/projects/Monumental-Inscriptions-Cemeteries-and... has a whole section on Wales featuring each county. We would very much appreciate some assistance getting these pages up to date with links to references for each parish within each county to, mainly, Find a Grave and Billion Graves. If you are unsure how to get started please don't hesitate to contact me or Private User. It's not difficult to do but it is time consuming so many hands make light work seems to fit the bill. Please join us!

4/15/2014 at 7:33 AM

Terry, two things, firstly I am Chairman of Treftadaeth Brynaman Heritage who have been involved in local grave identification and also with other groups doing similar things. If you send me more info I am sure we as a group can assist with your rquest.
Secondly, my wife has the name Switzer in her family tree, a Rachel Switzer married a John Ashmore back in around 1830. One of her uncles keeps the name going as a middle name. Please contact me on cold.jones@btinternet.com

Private User
4/15/2014 at 9:09 AM

Hello Colin
The aim of the projects is to record what records are available, one reason being for those interested in joining the big push by Billion Graves to photograph all cemeteries to see what has nothing yet done rather than duplicate work. The location references that are recorded in the Billion Graves project are great but it makes sense not to process graveyards and cemeteries where transcriptions or images are already available. I will email you. June

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion