• Private User
    Geni Pro
  • Private User
    Geni Pro

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 3 posts
Private User
6/18/2014 at 4:46 AM

He is at this profile and shows the above relationship when I'm at his profile: Mary Suzette Mciver

Yet when I click on the profile of his daughter: Mary Suzette Mciver she shows only as my first cousin thrice removed's wife. She is indeed my cousin but on my father's side.

I need to explain this. The other first cousin thrice removed to whom she is married is a cousin on Mum's side: Gualter Charles Hubert McIver

Can this be fixed?

Private User
6/18/2014 at 7:02 AM

Geni is sometimes screwy about the paths. If you wait, they usually get sorted out. Eventually.

If it's been more than a week since the path was last calculated, you're supposed to get a little circular-double-arrow icon at the right end of the path that tells you it can be recalculated. (Doesn't always happen.) And when you click on the icon, you're supposed to get the current results.

I've had all kinds of trouble with Geni trying to calculate paths for my grandMOTHER's ancestors via my grandFATHER'S side (they were very distantly related). Guess the path algorithm is a real moron.

Private User
6/18/2014 at 6:20 PM

Thank you Maven B. Helms for your response. I have noticed over time that some paths disappear and then reappear. I'll try to be patient with the moron algorithm.

Showing all 3 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion