Daniel Hovey, Jr. - Excess Children of Daniel Hovey

Started by Private User on Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Showing all 9 posts

According to the Hovey Book, published by the Daniel Hovey Association, our Daniel had one child with his first wife and six with his second. See https://archive.org/stream/hoveybookdescrib00dani#page/18/mode/2up

I am therefore going to remove the children that belong elsewhere on the tree in the hopes that they'll find their way home:
Priscilla Smith - will require a curator to sever the parental connection
Daniel Hovey, Jr., of Ipswich (don't confuse with Daniel Hovey, born 1665, who predeceased his father)
James Hovey - I have asked for a curator to help remove him in another Discussion

Thank you! How did you do that? Did you disconnect and then see if a match floated up?

Oh! They were nieces and nephews! Well, why didn't I think of that? /lol Will check for close family relationships next time, sorry.

You are doing great work...let us keep going

Thank you Jennifer! Abigail Hovey is my 10th great aunt :) She's also Daniel Hovey "Jr." 's mother.

Gosh, Hatte, you're welcome! ;-) She's my 10th great grandmother! So that's one of our points of connection - we have several, if I remember correctly. Fun stuff!

Yes, all of us with early American ancestry tend to share multiple lines. Private User and I were up to 7 shared lines at one point.

If a family was in early Taunton, early Milford, or early Roxbury for example, they have a high likelihood of being related to me.

Showing all 9 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion