Related Projects:

Showing all 25 posts
10/23/2014 at 9:00 AM

here i got

Andrew Stuart, Rev father of
Rev. John Stuart, "U.E.L."

http://www.biographi.ca/fr/bio/stuart_john_1740_1741_1811_5F.html

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=87997944

The Stewart Clan Magazine, Volumes 1-10 (A small periodical pamphlet devoted to Stewart genealogy from July 1922-1957) states the following: "Archibald Stuart, who married Janet Brown;

-------)Andrew Stuart, who married Mary Dinwiddie;(-------------

John Stuart, who married Elizabeth Archer, and David Stuart, who married Margaret Jane Lynn, widow of John Paul (or Pall), were brothers and came to Pennsylvania from the north of Ireland."

need help from enlish cousin to build up the tree
thanks

10/28/2014 at 4:15 PM

curator plz confirmation need befor merge

Mary Dinwiddie

link provide in bio

possibly sister of

Robert Dinwiddie of Airdrie#

and wife of
Andrew Stuart, Rev

10/29/2014 at 4:46 AM

Martin

Can you read and check on the links "within" the "about" and ***ensure*** they are in agreement with your proposal? A member went to some trouble to make a nice overview, let's use it!

10/29/2014 at 6:45 AM

i do not understant your meaning madam Howton
but i do know if we merge the profile i create they have good genealogy ( the stuart)

it is i just want to be sure and acurate they where from virginia so i think its better i have an advise

10/29/2014 at 10:04 AM

we; if somthing was wrong you already tell me madam howton
i will merge acording to the reliable source available

10/29/2014 at 10:12 AM

i am not sure

http://books.google.ca/books?id=wEL-bI-QNmYC&pg=PA601&lpg=P...

Unknown Profile
Robert Dinwiddie 1665 d 6 oct 1712
and on geni 1658 before août 31, 1710

Robert Dinwiddie of Germiston

10/29/2014 at 10:43 AM

The sources that are listed in the profile overview, not just the one you found. There are several linked -- open up the profile and compare sources to see if there is agreement.

10/29/2014 at 10:55 AM

as you know madam my english is not acurate to spot litle thing and big i try to figure out but reading not from my mother language take me tripe efort to translate each time

i am to the stuart line maried to Mary Dinwiddie as in my url sugest for now i got good source but in geni martha is not listed as sister of mary

Private User
10/31/2014 at 7:05 AM

THE ANCESTRY SUGGESTED FOR MARY DINWIDDIE,
OTHERWISE MRS. ANDREW STEWART

An inscription on a memorial stone in Paxton Presbyterian Churchyard at Harrisburg in Dauphin County, Pennsylvania, in the United States of America, informs us that a lady named Mary Stewart is buried there. The inscription reads as follows: “In memory of Mary Stewart who departed this life April 30th 1772 aged 65 years”. Because she is buried in a plot belonging to Andrew Stewart, the creator of her Find A Grave entry has calculated that Mary Stewart is the same person as Mary Dinwiddie, the wife of Andrew Stewart. The creator also states that: “Mary Dinwiddie was born in Glasgow, Lanark, Scotland to Lord Robert Dinwiddie and Elizabeth Cumming” but he does not offer and evidence whatsoever to support his assertion [Find A Grave: Mary Dinwiddie Stewart] http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=87970732

The man referred to as Lord Robert Dinwiddie at 1 above was Robert Dinwiddie of Germiston Robert Dinwiddie of Germiston He was not a Lord of Parliament but he did marry a lady named Elizabeth Cumming Elizabeth Cumming and they did have a daughter named Mary. She was born before 15 December 1695, the date upon which her baptism was registered at Glasgow in Lanarkshire, Scotland [Scotland, Births and Baptisms, 1564-1950, index, FamilySearch] https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XYSJ-X51

If we follow the evidence cited above at 1, then it seems reasonable to suggest that Mary Dinwiddie, Mrs. Andrew Stewart, might have been born during the twelve month period which began on 28 April 1706 and ended on 30 April 1707. It would be considered prudent, perhaps, to allow some margin for error in this calculation, in order to take account of the possibility that the stonemason made a mistake with the date of her death, or the possibility that his informant was uncertain of her age, but it would surely be considered unreasonable to conclude that the person referred to at 1 above is the person referred to at 2 above, for their birth dates are separated by ten years and more.

10/31/2014 at 7:23 AM

thanks alot Nf for your shearch it will help :)

if you have some time to look at the few profile and bio maybe you can see some detail that i dont see
Rev. John Stuart, "U.E.L."

John Stuart was born in 1740 near Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. His parents, Andrew Stuart and Mary Dinwiddie, had emigrated from Ireland to America prior to 1740

10/31/2014 at 10:50 PM

http://www.museevirtuel.ca/sgc-cms/histoires_de_chez_nous-community...

translation:

Origins of the Stuart family

In British history , the Stuart family is one of the most famous of all: it ruled Scotland from 1371 to 1714 and England from 1603 to 1714. The Stuart question here which belong to a distant Canadian line of this family. Well established in Quebec, its most influential members are mostly lawyers .

Private User
10/31/2014 at 11:14 PM

morel can you communicate this better to me or at least help out? You are a great asset to Geni and I am grateful for all the help you've done and wanted to see if this threat would be of interest? Thanks.

11/1/2014 at 7:26 AM

Looking at the two trees from bird's view, it is so tantalizing to merge them. So many pieces seem to work together.

Yet, as Private User posted above, the crux is to reconcile the two "Mary Dinwiddie", the one said to be born before 1695 and the other said to be born 1707.

The before-1695 is highly reliable. There is a baptism record. But after that, things gets fuzzy.

To maybe help unlock this situation, (or maybe just for fun), let's brainstorm. Using the great material that NF and Martin posted, we can speculate:

> We have Mary-1695. She dies of young age before 1707 from mysterious circumstances.

> Mary-1707 is born. She is illegitimate. She may be an illegitimate daughter of her father, or her mother. I am tempted to say her mother because the father died in 1710 therefore the mother may have had a stronger incentive to protect her daughter. Also, there is a 3-year gap between Anne (1706) and Elizabeth (1709), thus Mary could have been born in 1707 from the same mother.

> To hide their shame, they gave her the identity of her older half-sister Mary who died earlier. Notice that we found no baptism record of Mary-1707.

> Now, this is why things gets so fuzzy from there. We have two people with the same identity. From then on, Mary-1695 and Mary-1707 are constantly confused. Historians and genealogists keep blending the facts about the two Marys.

> However, her half-brother Robert, Governor of Virginia, isn't fooled by the machination. He makes no mention of her in his will dated 1769. It may be that Mary is already dead. Or also possibly, Mary is still alive but the Governor wants nothing to do with his illegitimate half-sister.

> Mary-1707 dies in 1772. They engrave on stone that she was 65 year old. And why not? Mary-1707 was already disinherited and in her later years of life, why keep pretending she was 12 years older than she really was. Why keep claiming you are 77 when you actually are 65?

This is all speculation of course. But if there is some truth to this, it would explain why we have two "Mary" profiles that are so tantalizing to merge. And why the data about the Marys appears blended.

In conclusion, if we can build a story like this one with the evidence at hand, I don't think we should merge these profiles until we have much stronger evidence.

11/1/2014 at 8:25 AM

i am shy to phone or write to the Henry Stuart Home upper town Quebec to ask a family chart or pedegree
but off speculation this is a very powerfulll family

Private User
11/2/2014 at 5:23 AM

MARY DINWIDDIE,

the sister of Robert Dinwiddie of Airdrie, is not mentioned in her brother's last will and testament, and it could be supposed, therefore, that she might have died without issue before this date. This cannot be regarded as certain of course, any number of other explanations might be offered for the absence of her name, but it is difficult to ignore this negative evidence.

Robert Dinwiddie of Airdrie, late Governor of the Colony of Virginia, made his last will and testament on 2 May 1769. As would be expected of him, he made provision for his wife's liferent, and left ten thousand pounds Sterling to each of his daughters, Rebecca and Elizabeth, but the majority of his bequests, albeit they were small bequests, were for the benefit of what appears to be his surviving relatives. He begins with his sister "Mrs Sarah Dinwiddie of Glasgow" and continues with his sister Janet and her husband, and their son Robert McCulloch. He also includes the children of his now deceased sister Christian, and he does not forget the widow and children of his deceased brother Lawrence [Lothrop Withington, Virginia Gleanings in England (Genealogical Publishing Co., Inc.), pp. 303-04].

11/2/2014 at 6:53 AM

maybe here we got diferent branch of family including similarity if the name

why i think that ?

http://books.google.ca/books?id=wEL-bI-QNmYC&pg=PA601&lpg=P...

Lawrence Dinwiddie

list as b 1697 d 1764 maried to Elisabeth kennedy
http://www.geni.com/people/Lawrence-Dinwiddie
/6000000012357906287

before décembre 9, 1742

Husband of Sarah Gartshore

11/2/2014 at 6:54 AM

(if)=in the name typo eror

Private User
11/2/2014 at 11:25 AM

Dear Martin,

You may well be correct when you suggest that the wife of Andrew Stewart (Otherwise Andrew Stuart) belonged to a different branch of the Dinwiddie family. I do fear, though, that it might be difficult or impossible to establish this one way or another.

You will be aware that there is some disagreement about her place of origin too. Most of the genealogies published on the internet make the unsubstantiated claim that she was born in Scotland, but, according to a memorial tile for the Reverend John Stuart in the Church of St. Alban the Martyr: Andrew Stuart and Mary Dinwiddie emigrated from Ireland to America before 1740 [St. Albyn the Martyr] http://www.uelac.org/St-Alban/biographies/memorial-tiles-Stuart-Joh... A unnamed place near Omagh in County Tyrone in Ireland is claimed by A. H. Young in his genealogical account of the family, which may well be the source of the information recorded on the above mentioned tile [A. H. Young, The Revd. John Stuart, D.D., U.E.L., of Kingston, U.C., and his Family: A Genealogical Study (Whig Press, 1920), page 8] https://archive.org/stream/revdjohnstuartdd00younuoft#page/8/mode/2up

According to Stuart family tradition, or so says A. H. Young: Mary Stuart is said to be a daughter of Governor Dinwiddie, of Virginia” [A. H. Young, The Revd. John Stuart, D.D., U.E.L., of Kingston, U.C., and his Family: A Genealogical Study (Whig Press, 1920), page 8] https://archive.org/stream/revdjohnstuartdd00younuoft#page/8/mode/2up but this is not correct.

My own research to date has not been exhaustive, most of it has been prompted by your own enquiry, but I have been unable to find a birth or baptismal record for anyone named Mary Dinwiddie, who was born during the twelve month period which began 28 April 1706 and ended on 30 April 1707, or any other person of the same name who might have been born during this period.

Bonne chance mon ami!

Yours Aye,

Neil Ford

11/2/2014 at 3:20 PM

Merci thanks alot for your help and most for your neutral emotivity mr Ford :)

not easy on this site to deal with apently blue blood family

well for now i cant merge and we cant merge

the noble french and probably the noble Stuart english family of this line are no paysan.

good entertainement discution but in time maybe we figure out
thanks merci

2/6/2015 at 6:48 PM

need assistance plz

i am still at this line of Stuart but this time its

George Okill Stuart, Rev

http://www.biographi.ca/en/bio/stuart_george_okill_1776_1862_9F.html

In 1803 he had married Lucy Brooks, only daughter of John Brooks of Bedford, Mass., later governor of Massachusetts, and they had two boys and two girls. Only the eldest son, also George Okill Stuart*, lived to maturity; he became mayor of Quebec City and judge in the Vice-Admiralty Court there. Lucy died in 1813 and Stuart remarried in 1816 Ann Ellice Robison (or Robinson) of Portland, Maine, who died in 1856. There were no children by this marriage.

is this the same man?

Governor John Brooks

http://thepeerage.com/p19548.htm

Lucy Brooks1
F, #195476, b. 10 June 1775, d. 10 December 1813
Last Edited=10 Jun 2006
Lucy Brooks was born on 10 June 1775 at Medford, Massachusetts, U.S.A..1 She was the daughter of Hon. John Brooks.1 She married Venerable George Okill Stuart, son of Dr. John Stuart and Jane Okill, on 2 October 1803.1 She died on 10 December 1813 at age 38 at Kingston, Ontario, Canada.1
From 2 October 1803, her married name became Stuart.1
Children of Lucy Brooks and Venerable George Okill Stuart

George Okill Stuart1 b. 12 Oct 1807, d. 4 Mar 1884
John Brooks Stuart1 b. 10 Jun 1809, d. 5 Aug 1835
Lucy Jane Stuart1 b. May 1812, d. Sep 1812
Lucy Ann Brooks Stuart1 b. Dec 1813

need assistance plz
thanks
martin

2/6/2015 at 7:02 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brooks_%28governor%29

Family and legacy

In 1774 Brooks married Lucy Smith, with whom he had five children; two of them died young.[2][31] His two sons were both active in the United States military.[8] One his sons, Marine Corps First Lieutenant John Brooks, Jr., was killed in action at the Battle of Lake Erie in 1813.[31] His other son, Alexander Scammel Brooks, was a lieutenant colonel in the Army and was killed in steamboat explosion in Florida in 1836.

2/7/2015 at 11:40 AM

Lucy Brooks
////////////////
i foud this for futur reshearch

Showing all 25 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion