Buck Rambo - Buck Rambo

Started by Christopher Scott Bergstrom on Friday, October 24, 2014
Problem with this page?

Participants:

Profiles Mentioned:

Related Projects:

Showing all 8 posts
10/24/2014 at 6:09 PM

My Great Grandma used to talk about how we we're related to the famous Rambo Family Singing Group, i have never been able to confirm it, might be interesting to research Buck's family line.

10/24/2014 at 6:44 PM

Oh geez. I might be related - I see they are from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dawson_Springs,_Kentucky

So is my Howton family, and there's a Rambo ? Second marriage ? In my tree.

Oh my.

10/24/2014 at 7:31 PM

This is the earliest known Rambo in America (no idea if related or not)

10/24/2014 at 7:50 PM

the earliest Rambo descendant in my family tree is Peter Gunnarson Rambo born Jun 1 1612 in Degerfors, Västerbotten, Sweden there is lots of family tree books on his family and descendants, there is so many it's hard to keep track of them all but i assume Buck Rambo descends from him aswell somewhere down the line but would be nice to find exactly how.

10/24/2014 at 8:13 PM

So you are (somehow) on the Geni tree I linked above - work your direct family over to it.

I found the Rambo's in my tree: I have a Jacob Rambo died before 1850, probably in Hopkins, Kentucky. My 3rd great uncle ? Had the bond for his orphaned sons & they lived in the household of another 3rd? Great uncle. Nothing more of these surviving brothers after the 1850 census, but one married a collateral family of Elam.

It is possible these are not descendants of the Swedish emigrant, there are more French in the area; Rambeau > Rambo?

10/24/2014 at 8:24 PM

So possibly related:

Jacob Rambo

Peter Gunnarson Rambo

Private User
3/29/2016 at 8:05 AM

The patronymic system of names was used in Scandinavian countries from early times. Children received a first name, and a second name was derived from the name of the father. Therefore Brita Mattsson was Brita, the daughter of Matts, and Peter Gunnarson was Peter, the son of Gunnar. Indeed, records have been found indicating that part of Peter Gunnarson Rambo's wages in 1643 and 1644 were sent home to his father,
"Gunnar Petersson".

https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&pid=sites&srcid=ZGVmYXVs...

Are there any real sources at all for Gunnar Matsson Rambo being the father?

Private User
3/29/2016 at 11:05 AM

About the father? Gunnar Petersson, would likely not change his name from Petersson to Matsson unless maybe he was a wanted criminal?

Gunnar Matsson Rambo

This Gunnar Rambo are from a theory by a descendant named Ormond Rambo jr, so why not also present his theory in the profile for Gunnar Rambo and maybe with something that dismiss the following statement, "records have been found indicating that part of Peter Gunnarson Rambo's wages in 1643 and 1644 were sent home to his father, Gunnar Petersson." So who was this father Gunnar Petersson he sent money to?

When choosing one theory over another, at least present something in support for it or show some of the the supporting indicium.

Showing all 8 posts

Create a free account or login to participate in this discussion